Performance upgrade(s)?

CDM

Hi, I'm new to the site, I have a Coleman CT200U with a custom stainless steel straight pipe. Anything good to add to it in general? Thanks. :thumbsup: photo.jpg

CDM

Thanks! Im looking at getting a kit from hotrodminibike that comes with filter and re-jet.
The re-jet kit it comes with is .035, not 0.37. Which is better?

Elevation will make a difference in jet size choice.

The best thing to do is put the jet in that comes with the kit and run the bike enough to get a feel for how it runs. Is it crisp or sluggish when you apply the throttle. With it warmed up run it up wide open and hit the kill switch. Then pull the plug and read the color. There are plenty of charts on the web that will explain how to read the color and which direction to go with the jet size. Its really pretty simple actually to zero in on size.

Greetings..engine stuff aside ..some other mods depends on where you wanna ride it too..gearing ratios and next set of tires is another area to think about ..cheers

CDM

Thanks for the recommendations, I got a kit from hot rod mini bike, with K&N filter and .35 jet, and autolite racing plug. Runs much better.

I would do a search on using the GX140 emulsion tube. It is suppose to fatten up the fuel mixture in the mid range and give a little more power mid range. I have not tried it yet but will be trying this out once I have a bike on the road. Its a simple enough mod that its worth trying. As for a jet, if you have 2 different sized try both out. With cars when your drag racing or building a street/strip motor you jet the secondary side by what makes the car accelerate the fastest. I would jet by what feels like you have the most top speed. If your governor is still in I would do it by acceleration. Or see what gives you the most power climbing a hill.