picked up a 1970 Broncco TX7 today, anyone know much about these or have one?

Hey everyone,

Today I picked up a Broncco TX7 that was for sale about an hour from my house. The seller was a good guy and I think I got a pretty good deal on it ($180.) He told me what he knew about it and it wasn't much... He liked the thing but had just lost interest. After a bit of research, I'm finding these are sort of unusual. He said he bought it off ebay a few years ago and never got around to doing anything with it.

The bike is Italian made. It has a little metal tag on the frame with a serial number and date of manufacture as 11/ 1970. The tag also states it meets regulations for being street legal! It's got the original 50cc V1 Minarelli engine that was also used on various mopeds from the 70's (I think.) The cool thing is that it is basically complete only missing the front sprocket that attaches to PTO, air filter, rear fender, parcel tray cover, front bulb/lense. Also the seat is not original (I think?)

I'm trying to find out more about this model mini.

To start, what size front sprocket did it come with originally?

How many RMP's does the engine do?

On the gas tank it says "50cc Minarelli ---- Automatic" does that mean it has an automatic transmission or what?\

...Still gotta get the thing running.

Divouneh

Not a good deal, it's a gift [emoji106]. I had one in the past, sold it to a fan in Netherland ( Europe). Spares probably in Ebay, but quite expensive [emoji857][emoji857][emoji857]. My daughter lives near Italy, if necessary mp

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

anyone have any idea on front sprocket size? does someone have a tx7 who could check for me?

they are available new but I have a choice of 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 teeth... where do i even begin.

if I knew what RMP these made i could atleast try to pick one but i have no idea and can't seem to find that info.

i looked up minarelli V1 max RPM and i found answers anywhere from 6000 to over 10000 rmp but that doesnt seem right that would mean this bike would do 60mph+ maybe

Last edited:
anyone have any idea on front sprocket size? does someone have a tx7 who could check for me?

they are available new but I have a choice of 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15 teeth... where do i even begin.

if I knew what RMP these made i could atleast try to pick one but i have no idea and can't seem to find that info.

i looked up minarelli V1 max RPM and i found answers anywhere from 6000 to over 10000 rmp but that doesnt seem right that would mean this bike would do 60mph+ maybe
This is a calculator..does the bike use a centrifugal clutch? I think those bikes kinda rare..that rpm doesn't sound right.. https://www.gokartsupply.com/ratios.htm

This is a calculator..does the bike use a centrifugal clutch? I think those bikes kinda rare..that rpm doesn't sound right.. https://www.gokartsupply.com/ratios.htm
Thanks, ya I know about the calculators they have online that's why I want to find the RPM. These bikes are kinda hard to find information on. They use a 50cc two Minarelli V1 engine. It doesnt use a normal centrifugal clutch like regular mini bikes. From what I've read online It's an automatic one speed, so I guess the centrifugal is built in??? I know they used these engines on various mopeds from the 70's. Thankfully many, if not all, of the parts for the engine are available online. But it's also not like a Briggs or Tecumseh where it says 3600 rmp on the fan cover, so Im having trouble deciding the sprocket I want on the shaft.

I'd have to check exactly...but I think the rear sprocket is 30 teeth and the TX-7 Deputy has a 34 tooth sprocket in the rear. I believe the fron is 11 teeth. IIRC. You should have almost no problem finding engine parts for the V1...they built over 1 million of them apparently. They are used in many vintage scooters. Check out: 'Treats' Scooter shop online...they are in San Francisco. For a 50cc auto these bikes move nicely, as long as you are not off-roading too much or climbing big hills...otherwise they are a join on the street.

Here's mine...
$(KGrHqNHJDME+V!9eupPBP-lYIrufw~~60_57.jpg

Divouneh

Incredible how beautiful are your Bronco : Jeff and Freddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
So good job [emoji847][emoji469][emoji469][emoji847][emoji469]

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes