Please surprise with that old Jacobsen

A few months ago I picked this crazy thing up for like 30 bucks and put it aside. Started searching for parts today just to see what I'm up against as far as availabilty and discovered the coil is a lighted one. Apparently it is from a fancy golf greens mower with lights. Guess they mow mainly at night. Makes sense...

So this thing will be pretty darn cool on a minibike.

Yay.

A few months ago I picked this crazy thing up for like 30 bucks and put it aside. Started searching for parts today just to see what I'm up against as far as availabilty and discovered the coil is a lighted one. Apparently it is from a fancy golf greens mower with lights. Guess they mow mainly at night. Makes sense...

So this thing will be pretty darn cool on a minibike.

Yay.

Lets see a pic of the PTO side, I think that's a Fuji engine from Japan they are the same as the one lung Polaris snow mobile engines.

Lets see a pic of the PTO side, I think that's a Fuji engine from Japan they are the same as the one lung Polaris snow mobile engines.
I'll have to take one. It had a big ol mower clutch thingy on it that I tossed and what is left is a rather small PTO that can really just take like a 9 tooth gear driver. That is the only reason I tossed it aside initially. I'd have to get a jackshaft going, it's certainly not going to be able to accept a centrifigal clutch.

Yes it's a Japanese motor for sure. At some point Jacobsen either bought, or outsourced the engine building to, Fuji, I think. I can find out very little about the damn thing. I just happened on to a mower site that had parts. There should be a wiring harness in the shroud for lights if it's the same motor I saw on a diagram. Even if not, the thing is pretty cool and has spark and compression and I have a fondness for the oddities out there. So it'll be fun to get it going lights or not.

Title should read PLEASANT surprise. I've had my coffee now.. HAHA

Nice, How tall is it to the top of the cylinder head, that motor can run with the cylinder lying horizontal with a tilly carb or an intake keeping the carb on it level.

Nice, How tall is it to the top of the cylinder head, that motor can run with the cylinder lying horizontal with a tilly carb or an intake keeping the carb on it level.
It's not much taller than the H35 to the right of it without if you take off the tank. Yeah, I'm thinking exactly what you said and with a nice wrap around exhaust (since it's in the front) I think it's 98cc. 4 HP.

whats the HP output of those motors?
the hookup looks to be belt driven?
cant really tell from the pics on the ebay link.
it looks like it would fit a mini?
I posted all about it here when I first got it. There was one guy who made a real cool bike of it. I bought it for karting but the vintage kart boys like even older stuff for my year Rupp Lancer. Then I was going to restore it as a garden tool but then I got that McCullough 45 and a Rupp Scambler 2 minibike and I'm way behind on a whole bunch of engine restores... Somethings had to go. Imagine it with a nice fresh red paint job... drool.

I think you have a Robin Industrial Engine. Subaru Robin, BSE (Moto Skeeter) is another name. Rossco mentioned Fuji. Did Fuji make the Robin engine? If it is 98cc, then it is an EC10. Someone mentions it on this thread.

Robin EC10 - SmokStak
Yeah ive seen Robin thrown around too. Honda as well. Haha. Whatever it is it'll look cool with tank off and chromed shroud and nice wrap around exhaust. Unique at least... Fast too.

The only thing with the Jacobsen/Fuji/Honda/Robin is the PTO is tiny. 1 1/4 inch!

So I think i shall have to jack shaft it.

By the way I'm Johnnytillotson now. Oyster Bay Man is no more..