Police Encounter's on mini bike

catfishman

me and my son were down at the park by our house riding in the open field, not on the ball diamond, we looked up and there was a cop. we went up and he went on and on about how he could give me a ticket for this and that, mostly my young son 11 who was wearing a helmet, being a minor operating an off road vehicle. anyway he at least let us ride them home. i do not have alot of respect for the law around here, because i know how crooked alot of them are, they can drink and drive, and do many other illegal things

Funday #3

While squarechopper was being accosted in a field, myself, Mac, and my buddies Vince and Alex were being accosted in the parking lot - one cop chased down squarechopper in the field, and his partner was waiting for the rest of us in the parking lot of Paul's shop. We were pulled off our bikes, stood against a wall, and were being told that we were going to be arrested for evading, trespassing, and riding with no helmets. We were there being held until they finished in, I mean finished WITH squarechopper in the middle of the field.

Favorite quote of the day: (My buddy Vince) "I've never been arrested in my life, and now at 45 years old I'm getting arrested for riding a minibike...in a field" LOL

I thought we were going to lose ours.

I worked at a Ford dealer once that also had a tow yard, and there were several pocket bikes and one Panda 50 (mine) that came through there. SInce it was about $800 to pick them up, nobody did. We would have a raffle for whatever employees wanted to buy in for $20 and raffle them off once the lein sale came through. I won my '04 Panda (In 2004, and beate to mhell already) that way as well as a pocket bike or 2

I thought I was gonna lose Dave's for a few minutes there too! When I got stopped, it took a good long while to sink in that I may actually be in any trouble, all I was thinking was "please don't take the bike, please don't take the bike, please don't take the bike......." :doah:

I live in a fairly small city, pretty rural, but growing. I have a County Sheriff T-shirt that my kids bought me at the safety fair at their school a few yrs ago. I also have the T-shirt which our city fire dept wears, which I picked up at a second hand store for $1. When I am planning to ride on the street, I always try to wear one of those two shirts. I have passed a cop twice, and both times they seem to perk up, then they see the T-shirt, and smile and wave. One of these days it may backfire on me... who knows.

I am 40 yrs old, I don't ride fast in the neighborhood, I put around at or under the speed limit, people wave at me, they think its funny. Sometimes I stop to talk with people I know. I don't see how I am any threat to public safety, or a nuisance. None of my bikes is as loud as my backpack leaf blower.

...I'm out riding around minding my own business on gravel unmarked roads behind my dads house. Noone lives up there, ..nothing but open fields and trees. I was cruising along about 1/4 throttle and a cop comes up behind me, flips his lights on. I nailed it and took off. He chased me on a crappy gravel road for 5 miles, I turned off into the woods and went down a hill and into a valley. I shut the bike down and looked back. He is parked up on top the hill and hes got a megaphone out and started screaming into that he would wait all day for me to come out. I was a cocky 16 year old and I hollered back, I'll be coming up on top of mooney hill in 10 minutes! Come on! He jumped back in his car and took off. I went back up the hill and went home as he was heading about 5 miles in the wrong way.
That's the best story I've heard in awhile. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I live in a fairly small city, pretty rural, but growing. I have a County Sheriff T-shirt that my kids bought me at the safety fair at their school a few yrs ago. I also have the T-shirt which our city fire dept wears, which I picked up at a second hand store for $1. When I am planning to ride on the street, I always try to wear one of those two shirts. I have passed a cop twice, and both times they seem to perk up, then they see the T-shirt, and smile and wave. One of these days it may backfire on me... who knows....
That's the other best story I've heard in awhile. :thumbsup:

And, no, it didn't happen on a mini, but here is a great story about how one fella dealt w/an unruly officer.

The Dallas Cop Who Arrested A Biker With A Helmet Cam Has Been Suspended

I got arrested for DUI while riding one of my mini bikes years ago after blowing a .088. Luckily the DA never filed charges (longest year ever waiting for that) but it still cost me a shit ton of money for a good lawyer. I'm sure that getting a good lawyer and blowing almost at the limit is what saved me. He did kick ass at the DMV hearing though (separate from the criminal case in CA).

TomH

Looks like we are going to have to start making throw away bikes, and not carry any ID like the hood rats do.:shrug:

trailramdan

in my home town where my dad still lives cops pulled over my buddies for riding and told them to stop etc...the mayor told my dad they are working on passing a ordinace so we can ride and my dad told them i dont care if you do im still going to ride mine. also told them we dont ride late at night and we dont hurt anyone.......we also have a pic of our local policemen sitting on our trike because they thought it was neat lol so i guess it depends on the cop and the day:shrug:

I was doing my normal early morning ride in the neighborhood, was about 5:00am. Best time is from 3:00am to 4:00am, so I was running a little late.

About 5 minutes into my ride, hear comes a car so I pull off the road and try to disappear. Didn't work, car slowed down for a look and was local police. He kept going, then turned around and came back. I was still turned off waiting to see if he was gone, so I went over to his car and talked with him.

I think he was amused, said my mini was cool, but could give me a hand full of tickets for riding an unregistered vehicle. I was very polite and honest with him, lots of yes sirs and he let me go with a warning.

I was pretty intimidated and probably will not be riding in my neighborhood anymore. Fortunately, I have some land to ride on. I guess a lot of minibikes for sale on craigslist end up there after an encounter with the local police.

yeah Chaz, I have not rode since my encounter on my mini bike, i have seen the same cop in my neighborhood a couple time since then. but im sure i will try it again in the spring :thumbsup:

Mac

....I will STILL ride my minibike on the dirt wherever I find it.
I think Square Chopper will agree with me on this.

....I will STILL ride my minibike on the dirt wherever I find it.
I think Square Chopper will agree with me on this.
They'll never keep us down Mac!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I just wish "my" minibike wasn't still in Guardrail's garage.... :crying:

But we'll be together again soon...... :wink::scooter: