post me to your warrior with a sportster tank thread???

i got a tank off an 80-something sportster today. i've test fitted it and realized that it's very cramped. i'm trying to find a happy medium between the tree hitting the tank and being able to put the seat on. i was thinking about getting a spring seat kit, but now i may be forced into it. can anyone link me to their thread of fixing one of these to a warrior?

here's a pic of the tank.

I'm going through the same problem on my warrior. If you've found a remedy it's be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

You don't need to cut the seat pan, just pull out the staples from the front and cut the foam flush to the pan, restaple and you're done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sportster tank looks like it would be a nut cracker, if the Warrior had brakes worth a damn.

I want to put a Yamaha SR400/500 or XT500 tank on mine.

Last edited:

MB165

I got this prepainted one off ebay for $90, I think its a little shorter than std. it was for those Chinese made choppers from a few years back. I managed to set it on rubber mounts, also needed to alter the steering stops for it to clear, either need to make a custom top clamp or modify the existing for full stop to stop, and it jointed right up at the seat.
theres a few others I saw running around windber, ill see if I can find the photos of em.
DSCF4107.JPG

There have been different sizes of the same style tank. The original "peanut" tank was 2.25 gallons; a later "king" tank was 3.3 gallons; it had the same basic shape and was still often referred to as a "peanut". There may be other sizes in that shape; I'm not a authority on things Harley-Davidson, but I know that style of Sportster tank came in at least two sizes. Obviously, there have been many aftermarket tanks copying the peanut style, and they could be any size.