Posting minibike photos, need some ID's

jeep4me

I'm going to be posting some of my current and past minibike pics but I need some ID's for them. Check out the pics and help me identify them so I can post them properly. Thanks!

The red one, I think us ia K.E.Z. like mine except a different model, judging by the rear wheel mount and the way the neck is attached.

The black one is a Ruttman.

Hent said he would add K.E.Z. to the categories in the album soon.

Your red one looks like drheilman's Alexander Reynolds ez rider. I bet the same people made the frames. They were both in New Jersey. The forks are like my Alexander Reynolds.

The red one is an Alexander-Reynolds, the yellow one is a Bird Falcon because of the springs in the forks, and yes the black one is a Ruttman

The thing of it is is that many of the bikes that were marketed by department stores, tractor companies, etc. were built by someone else, and the name was slapped on.

Sears bikes were built by all kinds of people, so I just call it by the name of the actual manufacturer.

Example:

I have a Bird Duck - It may have been sold by Sears for all I know, but I prefer to call it a Bird.

I have a couple Alexander-Reynolds bikes - I also have pics of an Alexander with Sears decals on it. My Alexanders may have came from a Sears, but I prefer to call them an Alexander-Reynolds.

I have a Gilson - It may have been a Wards bike, and it even could have been an Allis Chalmers bike, but one thing I'm sure of is that it is a Gilson.

So I say that rather than have several categories of the same bike, let's have a category for each manufacturer, and add categories for bikes that we don't already have - Like Steller, etc.

Last edited:
And while on the subject of Steller - Let me talk about my Steller....It is a George Barris version, and it says right on it "By Republic"

But look at a Steller brochure, and there's no doubt that it's a Steller.

And while on the subject of Steller - Let me talk about my Steller....It is a George Barris version, and it says right on it "By Republic"

But look at a Steller brochure, and there's no doubt that it's a Steller.

You should bring that thing to a car show, or his shop here in North Hollywood and get it signed by the guy before he kicks. :thumbsup: