Preadator 212 not running troubleshooting

Hello, today I purchased a manco go Kart with a preadator engine that did not run. It seems as if the kart had sat outside for sometime and water got to the engine. The first thing i did was replace the pull start cord and assembly. The engine would not turn over. I was able to free up the engine by putting a ratchet over the flywheel nut and it broke free. Then I replaced the air box and exhaust with spares I had from previous projects. I also removed the spark plug and it was corroded with rust. I replaced that. I also drained out the gas tank and oil. The oil was mostly water. I replace the oil and gas with new oil and gas. I tried to run the engine, but no avail. My next step is to replace the carburetor as I ordered a brand new one from Amazon for 10 dollars. If anyone has any other suggestions to get this engine running it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dean

Hello, today I purchased a manco go Kart with a preadator engine that did not run. It seems as if the kart had sat outside for sometime and water got to the engine. The first thing i did was replace the pull start cord and assembly. The engine would not turn over. I was able to free up the engine by putting a ratchet over the flywheel nut and it broke free. Then I replaced the air box and exhaust with spares I had from previous projects. I also removed the spark plug and it was corroded with rust. I replaced that. I also drained out the gas tank and oil. The oil was mostly water. I replace the oil and gas with new oil and gas. I tried to run the engine, but no avail. My next step is to replace the carburetor as I ordered a brand new one from Amazon for 10 dollars. If anyone has any other suggestions to get this engine running it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dean
My experience with rusty cylinder, piston, rings, is....if you do get it to run, it's gonna last about 15 minutes then start smoking.

That rust tears the hell out of the cylinder wall.

It's best to tear it down, get the rust out, hone the cylinder best you can, get new piston, rings gaskets and hope for the best.

Last edited:

SAS289

My experience with rusty cylinder, piston, rings, is....if you do get it to run, it's gonna last about 15 minutes then start smoking.

That rust tears the hell out of the cylinder wall.

It's best to tear it down, get the rust out, hone the cylinder best you can, get new piston, rings gaskets and hope for the best.
Yep. If you know there was water there's going to be rust. The very first thing to do is to remove the head. Everything else comes after that.