Predator 212 powered El Tigre

cxbra

Hey guys, I just picked up an El Tigre the other day from a nice fellow during a trade for my Hawg-Ty. Im just so happy to be back to vintage, this time i'm not selling it :laugh:. I threw in my bone stock Predator 212cc and just like I thought, it had problems with the stock muffler fitting. I came up with an idea. I flipped the header and rotated the muffler downwards (the opening of the muffler would have been facing forward due to the bolt alignment). I just did a little grinding/wacking and mounted it outboard :biggrin:. It doesnt interfere with my leg space and makes this big a** engine fit. Also, check out the airbrushed tiger eye on the recoil that I did, it came out pretty good!

Its running 6:1 gearing, good for 34mph and tons of torque. The front wheel LOVES to be up in the air! Within my first 5 minutes on the bike I did a nice 20 foot wheelie. My overall goal is to have it geared to do 40mph and able to lift the wheel in the air when I want it to :wink:. Maybe a header, 140 e-tube, jet and intake will satisfy that. Im just enjoying the mess out of this bike, it feels good to FINALLY be back to vintage! Sure the engine is Chinese, but the bones are from the USA!

001 (2).JPG

View attachment 56316

View attachment 56317

Last edited:

Neck

Growing up is optional
Those Dam forks are stuck again!

I thought you were going to put a flat head in it.
If you had said you were going to clone it I would have given you this pipe too

cxbra

I didnt even notice the forks were stuck there :laugh:. I think a little wd40 de-greasing might help. Thats a mighty pretty pipe!! Its okay though, thanks a lot for the great ride. I might buy that pipe off of you since its already bent perfectly. Man, I really have to watch out with this lil thing. I did a real wheelie tonight and I almost looped it out :laugh: