Predator question

colt 1911

Will i have any carb problems on the angled engine mount of a rupp roadster 2? I intend to feed it from the top oem gas tank. Jeff

Will i have any carb problems on the angled engine mount of a rupp roadster 2? I intend to feed it from the top oem gas tank. Jeff
How angled is it? Only issue I came across with tilted carbs are the floats either sticking or not opening enough and the bowl going dry. You "might" need a pulse pump but yea my go kart is at a 15* angle and it had the dry bowl issue until I pulse pumped it.

I put one on my Roadster 2 a couple of weeks ago. I still have the HS40 for it, but I doubt I'll ever put it back on it! It's a hoot to ride now. Great power. Very quiet with the stock muffler. I can beat it like a red headed stepchild and not worry about hurting the engine.
The only downside is that it shakes the handlebars like a Harley. It's definitely not as smooth as a Honda.
No problem with the tilt. Go for it.

Joe

I put one on my Roadster 2 a couple of weeks ago. I still have the HS40 for it, but I doubt I'll ever put it back on it! It's a hoot to ride now. Great power. Very quiet with the stock muffler. I can beat it like a red headed stepchild and not worry about hurting the engine.
The only downside is that it shakes the handlebars like a Harley. It's definitely not as smooth as a Honda.
No problem with the tilt. Go for it.

Joe
Fill your handlebars with lead shot.....I did on mine and it cut down vibes dramatically.

Joebiodiesel, do you have any pictures of your exhaust set up? You mentioned it was quiet with the stock exhaust. I would like to see how you did it.
I put a clone (Greyhound) on my Rupp today but don't know what I'm going to do for the exhaust...

Danford1

I don'y have any pics of it. Sorry. I'm also not done fooling with it. I want to get it tucked further under the seat, but I need to get my hands on some more pipe. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I'm home to do it though.
When I first tried it, I just slotted the bolt holes on the muffler flange and flipped it upside down. The holes in the head and pipe don't line up perfectly, but I wasn't running it like that forever.
When I'm done, I want the muffler as close to the engine as possible(to limit the leverage it has on the flange) and point the muffler exit out to the side of the bike.

By chance, does anyone know of the stock Honda muffler is quieter than the stock clone muffler? If they are, I might grab one of those instead.

Joe

I don't on my Tbird. Like you I have an above mounted tank. Only mods are the jet/emulsion tube, high flow filter, and header. I used the OldMiniBikes header, but had to cut it into pieces to make the bends to fit under the seat and over the fender. Had the bike at Road Atlanta last week, and they have some serious grades on the hills, she never missed a beat.

Fill your handlebars with lead shot.....I did on mine and it cut down vibes dramatically.
I want to try this. Would the smaller diameter shot like bird shot be better than bigger diameter shot?
About how many lbs of shot does it take to fill the bars?

Thanks
Danford1

Joebiodiesel, do you have any pictures of your exhaust set up? You mentioned it was quiet with the stock exhaust. I would like to see how you did it.
I put a clone (Greyhound) on my Rupp today but don't know what I'm going to do for the exhaust...

Danford1
I am only home for one day this weekend and I didn't think I was going to have to to mess with this, but it ended up working out.
I made a flange for the exhaust, but you can cut the one off the muffler and use that one if you want to.
Welded a 1/2" black steel elbow onto that.
Threaded a short pipe into that.
Butt welded the muffler onto the pipe.
The muffler exit points straight down. There was no practical way to get it out the side.

This is as close as I can get it to the engine and frame without making contact.
It sticks out less than the engine or air filter.
I rode it a mile or so tonight and it seems OK.

I'm not sure how this setup will work once I get a rear fender on it, but I'd rather have it quiet than fendered (Is that even a word? :smile: )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54428295@N05/36849159101/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54428295@N05/36989559385/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/54428295@N05/36849157631/in/dateposted-public/

Hope that's helpful.

Joe

Last edited: