Predator RPM's?

So, I figured most small engines rev @ 3,600 RPM.

Anyway, I've tried numerous calculators and two GPS's and still my DB30 with a stock Predator is getting 33 MPH - uphill and on level ground. The calculators say this would require 4,500 RPM's, so what gives? The tires are stock; the rear sprocket is stock; and the front sprocket is a Hilliard 12t.

:shrug:

toomanytoys

Have you checked your rpm with a tach? Are you sure you don't have your governor bypassed by the way you hooked up your throttle?

You are correct in assuming 3600 rpm is standard

Where about are you in ohio

No I have not. It cuts out like clockwork @ 33 MPH every single time though. I can get 34 MPH on a hill.

I am in the suburbs of Cincinnati.

So, I figured most small engines rev @ 3,600 RPM.

Anyway, I've tried numerous calculators and two GPS's and still my DB30 with a stock Predator is getting 33 MPH - uphill and on level ground. The calculators say this would require 4,500 RPM's, so what gives? The tires are stock; the rear sprocket is stock; and the front sprocket is a Hilliard 12t.

:shrug:
Obviously there is a problem with data. Up hill should kill the mph. :scooter:

33 mph up hill............ Is like us wishing that our wives believe our dicks are 12 inches long. " No offense to any 12 " dicks..... all except.... hahahaha f...k YOU' LOL

33 mph up hill............ Is like us wishing that our wives believe our *****************************************..... all except.... hahahaha **** YOU' LOL
Like school on a Saturday... No class:no:

Seriously, there are a lot of high school kids and even Jr high kids here. I am sure they have heard worse at school, but they shouldn't have to see it on a minibike forum.

Class it up a bit please.

To the OP, while I believe that clones are generally governed to 3,600 RPMs, I believe there is some play in that, something like a + or - 300 RPM, that and tire expansion would account for some of your increase in speed.

If you are hitting 33 up hill, down hill, then your gearing is low enough that you are probably exceeding 3,900 rpm. Are you running the stock rear sprocket?

Like school on a Saturday... No class:no:

Seriously, there are a lot of high school kids and even Jr high kids here. I am sure they have heard worse at school, but they shouldn't have to see it on a minibike forum.

Class it up a bit please.

Right on Turftech 1!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm 58 years old and I not want to see it on a minibike forum, or ANY forum for that matter.:hammer: That type of comment:eek:ut: should not be tolerated on a professional forum. I would hope that our esteemed forum moderators are listening?:confused:

Bikerscum

Obviously there is a problem with data. Up hill should kill the mph. :scooter:
I dunno... maybe not. I remember a couple of years ago (1969) I had a Bonanza Mini Chopper with a 4 horse Tec. On level ground, it would hit the governor & I could actually go faster if I let off the throttle then hit it again, let off & hit it again. Going uphill kept it under load longer.

I discovered in the first week of ownership a short length of copper wire along side the spring solved the problem. A 12 year old genius. :smile:

I apologise for my bad use of language. I have no excuse for that other than than personal problems. Im very sorry. I will try very diligently not to do it again.

I apologise for my bad use of language. I have no excuse for that other than than personal problems. Im very sorry. I will try very diligently not to do it again.
Hey, way to man up and take responsibility and apologize. That takes character. :thumbsup:

I apologize if my comment insinuated that you have no class. I was referring only to the comment, not you.

To the OP, while I believe that clones are generally governed to 3,600 RPMs, I believe there is some play in that, something like a + or - 300 RPM, that and tire expansion would account for some of your increase in speed.

If you are hitting 33 up hill, down hill, then your gearing is low enough that you are probably exceeding 3,900 rpm. Are you running the stock rear sprocket?
I was running the stock sprocket. The hill wasn't really steep, but it was an incline nonetheless.

I installed a 60t rear this week, but I haven't done a run with the GPS yet.

I weigh 150-155, if that matters.