Predator rust problems

Well before windber this year I built my brother a hemi predator , and a bad ass one at that . Well it was tested of my rupp and taken to windber on that bike .
As we all know windber was a wash out so the bike only got riden twice and got muddy . When I got home the bike was washed but I didn't cover the air filter , but I didn't spray directly on it either . The motor was taken off and set on the bench so I could test my red clone build . About a month ago I attempted to turn it over and it hit a spot where she stopped . Well,yesterday I was working on minibikes and decided to look at the predator . Pulled the valve cover and nothing wrong , then pulled the side cover and nothing wrong . So I'am thinking its get to be in the cylinder , so I pull the head and this is what I see .

So I guess water must have went though air filter and sat on top of the piston and with the motor just sitting for three months we have rust .
I'am going to try to hone it out but we'll see may have to go ten over . I haven't pulled the piston but I'am sure the rings need replacement also and there 11 bucks and a piston set is 18 , so probably going ten over .

Ouch! Sorry to hear that David. I heard that fire up and it sounded mean. With that scale in the bore I'm thinking it's gonna need .010" over easily. Hoping for the best...:scared:

Bummer fo sho ! Good luck , I think it'll clean up just fine , worst case piston may have a tad more slop than normal which means more RPM'S :doah: