Preditor 212cc question?

I got the 14cc head with 18lb springs, stock push rods and rockers, billet rod, billet fly wheel (stock timing), mod2 cam, UNI intake, carb jet, fuel pump ETC.

My question is how much more RPM or top end (if any) am I going to see by installing 26lb springs? Also, what else should I be looking into? Should I be looking to get better push rods and 1.2-1.3 rockers too or am I totally out of my mind:eek:ut:?

Thanks for any suggestions and help!

I'm running a similar setup. I do have a .20 over rod, and my carb is a cheater carb from Dover. My next step will be push rods. I want them for peace of mind more than performance. However, I've heard they will help. I won't go to 26 springs without better push rods. I don't think they can handle it.
I would think you're okay with 18 springs. If you go with a monster cam, you'll certainly want to upgrade both the springs and push rods. I'm not so sure on rockers and big valves. Those are some pretty big upgrades, and I've already put way more money in my motor than I ever dreamed I would. Those little things are addictive!

What rpm do you want to turn? A mod2 with 18lb springs will turn 7400 with no problems (allways has for me).
My question is how many more RPM will it turn with 26lb springs? Does it make sense to get somewhere around 8k? Is it going to be making power up to those RPM's or is it going to float?

Make sure and upgrade your Valves to a stainless even if its only stock size. Seen quite a few Predator/Honda valves break at the top of the stem from to many RPM

Make sure and upgrade your Valves to a stainless even if its only stock size. Seen quite a few Predator/Honda valves break at the top of the stem from to many RPM
Thanks, I ordered some before installing the 26lbers.

I have another concern, I got the 1.3 RS rockers, lash is at .004 and the 14cc head with an 3.308 stock length Billet rod installed and it runs like a raped ape! My concern is I can hear a slight knocking internally almost like rod slop slapping the crank at low RPM. Not really sure if the sound is there at higher RPM because of obvious exhaust noise. It's torqued down to 14ft lbs, 170 in. The wrist pin and piston were tight, no slop and turning the crank manually with hand force on the piston both directions I cant feel any rod bearing slop on the crank what so ever. I should have ordered 1000 crank case gaskets lol....

Anyone know what this might be?

N/M, I found my problem.

The RS rockers do not clear the valve cover (unlike some web sites claim) and they were making the noise I was hearing by beating on it.:hammer: If I would have known that I would have spent a few ore bucks on the roller rockers with the spacer I now need unless I beat on the inside of the cover which I don't really feel like doing......:mad2:

So, you got me all worried but for good reason to not to rev it out too long. I did order the stainless valve's from smallenginecams but I need to know what retainer to order, any help from anyone would be great!
Thanks!

Raceseng | Home has valve train kits where you could see what's included with a 26# springs kit. My question is, where will you stop ???
Thanks.

Are you talking about stop building this money pit?:laugh: It is fun to be able to crack up a wheelie at any RPM! I think I'll build one more, looking at one of the taco kits, put all the bling in that and be done.

Isky valves you should get Isky retainers. Or are you asking about the locks? Isky offers 2 types depending on installed height you want. Get the stock height locks when in doubt.

Thanks.

Are you talking about stop building this money pit?
The Raceseng VTK4 valve train kit utilizes shaft mounted billet aluminum full roller rocker arms and extreme valve spring pressure to create a high performance and bullet proof valve train. This kit features lightweight stock size and length stainless valves, S2 roller rocker arms, VS6 - 55 lb. valve springs, RK2 retainer and keepers and S2 adjustable aluminum push rods. The kit is meant to greatly improve the stock valve train to go over 9,000 RPM. This kit is a complete bolt-in application but check for coil bind if running a cam over .280" lift.
Raceseng VTK4 - Valve Train Kit

Yea, good luck with all that...

The Raceseng VTK4 valve train kit utilizes shaft mounted billet aluminum full roller rocker arms and extreme valve spring pressure to create a high performance and bullet proof valve train. This kit features lightweight stock size and length stainless valves, S2 roller rocker arms, VS6 - 55 lb. valve springs, RK2 retainer and keepers and S2 adjustable aluminum push rods. The kit is meant to greatly improve the stock valve train to go over 9,000 RPM. This kit is a complete bolt-in application but check for coil bind if running a cam over .280" lift.
Raceseng VTK4 - Valve Train Kit

Yea, good luck with all that...
Why luck? I already have all that with the exception of the 55lb dual valve springs, I have 26 on there now and it runs great!.. Just need the retainers for the SS valves I have.