Problem with mbx11 front suspension

So I have an existing 19x7-8 wheel/tire and I test fit in the mbx11 fork. Well the fork measures 7 7/8" and the wheel is exactly 8"
So problem #1 is the shocks are slightly spread when wheel is installed...this can't be right.

Problem 2 is the mbx11 front shocks accept a 12mm axle , my wheel uses a 14mm axle so the bearings have a 15mm hole.
So problem #2 is the axle not fitting, either bore the shocks which I'm not sure it's possible, or get new wheel bearings? Not sure if they make 12x35x11 wheel bearings?

Useful advise is always wanted,

so, you need to use wider triple trees? those trees are simple to make, I just dont like them even the current length... would need to be braced in between i would think... hit a large bump, etc, going fast enough and they may bend? not sure, but ive seen a bent mbx11 triple tree... and i brace them when i use em on bikes other than an mbx11 (but thats just me) not sure exactly what you are saying.. you have a very very wide from wheel? and very tall? what is this going on? I think that may help... a pic... why are you using such a wide front?... you making one of the really fat tire bikes?

as far as the axle you are looking to replace the wheel bearings in the wheels to a bearing with the following dimensions, 12mm X 35mm X 11mm? and if you cant find them, you want to bore out the holes in the forks to accept the larger axle an extra 2mm? i would always be careful with messing with cast parts... but i would prob do that... if i couldnt find bearings that would work, and if it were safe to remove the material...

im programming some billet triple trees that will work with the mbx11 forks and other forks with a close diameter for a couple of my projects... you can make some that will spread the forks out wider... or have them made... if you are interested i can see how much that would cost you... once i make my set... because yours would be different than mine... but can easily make my set wider in the program

I have a Coleman ct200u, it comes with a front and rear 19x7-8
I am looking for options to fix my 2 problems, yes I assume I need to go wider since my wheel is 8" and fork is 7 7/8".
I was looking at some bearings , if the motovox axle is 12mm...do I want a 12mm inner diameter bearing or would I need a slightly larger opening?
They offer 12.7 and 13 inner diameter bearings, I also see bearings in inch sizes. I need help choosing correct size.

A billet triple tree with the correct width would be AWESOME! please let me know details when you make them.... Motovox uses an 8" front wheel so not sure why the forks are not exactly 8" wide. I also see what you mean with their triple tree, looks thin to be on there.

I like bearings to be as good a fit up as possible.. but .0275" ish of total clearance between the axle and bearing, i would prob do it, esp if not going on an extremely fast bike... the axle shouldnt wobble around, etc... but im no trained engineer... how wide would you want your trees? for my project, mine will actually be narrower... just a little narrower

I like bearings to be as good a fit up as possible.. but .0275" ish of total clearance between the axle and bearing, i would prob do it, esp if not going on an extremely fast bike... the axle shouldnt wobble around, etc... but im no trained engineer... how wide would you want your trees? for my project, mine will actually be narrower... just a little narrower
Wow that trike looks good....
So the only easy way to measure width of wheel is to put bolt through and mark it, I just did that and it reads it's 8 3/8" wide.
So if you can make the trees so the shocks have that space between them so my wheels fits it would bolt together perfectly.
Maybe because the wheels have a built in spacer and that's why they don't fit the motovox perfectly?
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Do you put washer up against the bearing when you install your wheels? Or only outside frame side?
would add half inch total and you can use two 1/2" spacers... give yourself a little room, i would make it exact... at least a shim or spacer between...

need to do my trees soon, so i can finish front end... so will let you know... im drafting it today

gotta balance the bike out... with a headlight or something, but cant do it till im done with the trees

Last edited:
E
would add half inch total and you can use two 1/2" spacers... give yourself a little room, i would make it exact... at least a shim or spacer between...

need to do my trees soon, so i can finish front end... so will let you know... im drafting it today

gotta balance the bike out... with a headlight or something, but cant do it till im done with the trees
Damm looks great, I wanna see the new trees, gonna make me drool.
Yeah it's like everything is on hold till my front is done, gotta wire the bike, I have electric start ,led rear tail and led front headlight. Led signals to follow...
Yeah that sounds good, rather be slightly larger than too small like now, nothing is simple so far lol.

where did you get the light... i was lookin for a circular one.. but doesnt have to be.. going to make a housing and flush something in

where did you get the light... i was lookin for a circular one.. but doesnt have to be.. going to make a housing and flush something in
One of my wholesale accounts actually had them, they carry misc things here and there.
It's plenty bright and clean looking....I have another one if your interested.

was going to use something like these
2X 9 LED DRL Car Fog Lamp Round Driving Running Daytime Light Head Light White | eBay

and flush the into a custom fiberglas housing... but not set in stone, may buy a couple different lights and see which would work... price if good and leds are efficient
I have seen those in person, not sure if your doing it more for looks or if you are going to drive at night. I like the look, but I have seen those in person and not bright enough for driving.

Also how do you plan to power those?
im looking for some in the 5000lumen range... just that the bright one i have is very small... bicycle type light... the headlght on this doesnt have to be bright, will be more so that other people can see it, and if the track lets me run the bike often.. will be for that... the bike is getting a ballistic... either 4 cell or 8 cell, i would like to use the 4 as i want it to be as small as possible... and that should start it good... compression will prob still be high even though its a turbo application... but i want to get a little pep out the engine and hope the turbo will work as it should... maybe ill keep the comp low, not sure on that yet

Ballistic Performance Components

but the rear swingarm, when i designed it, i designed it where im going to be placing red and amber leds in the tubing, hidden, for brake and turn signals... it will at least be a running light/brake light... also for the track... and to give it a more complete finish

but the rear swingarm, when i designed it, i designed it where im going to be placing red and amber leds in the tubing, hidden, for brake and turn signals... it will at least be a running light/brake light... also for the track... and to give it a more complete finish
Ah yes, the ballistic battery. I couldn't find one that was 18ah. I have electric start so need something that will start the bike plus run lights.

So I assume your hooking all the lights to the 12v battery? Beware that with battery voltage fluctuation comes diming and blown LEDs .