projects

Here's some pictures of started projects. I don't know how many pictures I will post, but I will post more when they're finished. The burgundy one was built from some old tubing I salvaged from a cattle pen gate. Tthe engine plate is made from the fender of an old rototiller. The rear axle mounts are mounting brackets from some type of heavy equipment. Front end from a Huffy low down bicycle. The rear wheel will be a 10 inch with a wider tire. front will be a 60 spoke 20 inch bicycle or bicycle type wheel.:grind::hack::hammer::weld::smile:

The blue one is an azusa frame with mounts added to the rear for a 10 inch wheel. I'll probably go with a wider tire on the back, and a narrower 10 inch on the front.

Looks good and it's nice to see people recycling! :thumbsup:

What did you put on the end of that header? (blue one)
The end of the header is a piece of some kind of ribbed conduit. I think it was a tent pole or support for a portable carport or something. I have 8 feet of it.The pipe was made from pieces of the legs of a bmx bicycle forks. The flange is a 3/4" washer drilled to 1". Should sound mean.

OldMan

Two mods I have planned for my cheap clones.... K&N breathers, and straight-pipe exhausts... thanks for the visuals... it helps with my own ideas. :scooter:

Got all my wheels painted today and should be close to finishing these this weekend.Also got new tires, but I think I'm going to let the kids wear out the old ones first. Need seats. I dont want to use the azusa seats, but that's about all you find on the web.

Last edited:
Here's a couple more pictures. These are coming along a little slower than I thought, but I'm getting there. For the blue azusa I need to hook up my throttle, rear brake, which will be a hand brake, and footpegs. Also need to add a kickstand and seat. I may change the front wheel to a CT70 wheel like the rear one, or if I ever find another Bird Night Hawk rear one I'll probably go with that.

The red home-built one got a seat. Not the most beautiful one, but it will work. The seat was made from the rear center armrest from a '64 volvo 122Next on the list for it is to do something with the exhaust.
I painted the rims with black acrylic enamel with some platinum silver pearl powders added. I'm tempted to give the frame, forks and engine a shot of clearcoat with holographic mini flakes. They change colors at every different angle you view it from.

Looking real good! :thumbsup: The red one should have the old bicycle look. The Blue one is real cool.

What did it take to fit the CT70 wheel? I need nicer wheels for my Manco once I trim it and remove the shocks. I've been looking for Bird wheels but no luck. :doah:

I used 1/2 collars for spacers 2 on the brake side and 1 on the sprocket side. The axles are only 12mm,but they worked great. The reason I used the CT70 wheels, is that they're so easy to find.I bought a set of aftermarket alloy wheels and 130/60-10 scooter tires, but I'm going to use them on my own ride. These 2 are for the kids.

The forks are from a Huffy Low Down bicycle. Kind of a smaller version of the Stingrays. I cut the bike about 2 inches behind the neck on the backbone and downtube and used the neck and forks, and had that 2 inches of frame to act as a gusset to attach them to my frame.

Man, I got excited for a minute there. He won't ship it. I scrolled through fast and thought it said Pa. not Ma. I have a sister in Pa,but that won't help much.:sadcrying4: I kind of like the style of that front wheel too.

I'm going to ask if he'll ship it, but I doubt he will. If anyone on here buys it,
I'd sure like to buy that wheel. I've got a couple of free mini crotch rockets to pick up Saturday. Maybe they'll have some nice wheels. all I'm keeping is the wheels,disc brakes,forks,etc. If anyone wants what's left,you can have them for free. For a trade.:wink: No, really for free. All it will cost is the shipping.

Speaking of free bikes, I got two today. Both Hondas, one is a XL250 and the other is this one (TL250) which I think is so cool looking. :thumbsup:

I was thinking about making a mini out of it by using the the tank, seat, side panels and middle of the frame. Then chop the fork and weild a rear on

But on the other hand it's cool the way it is so I got to thik about it awhile. :doah:

However a "mini trials" would be cool! :doah:

What size wheels are those. They look huge. I've never seen one. One good thing about Honda, their engine designs stay the same for years. And they'll run about 30 years without a rebuild if you change your oil regularly.

So you want me to put a 6.5 honda in it? :doah: I was thinking Briggs.

He contact that guy with the bird and see if he will just sell/ship the wheel if the auction closes.