pulse fitting location?

hi guys, i was wondering if it would be ok to put the pulse fitting in the center of the carb adaptor.i have a 22mm mikuni with a carb adaptor,and i want to drill and tap it on the top of the adaptor and center it in the adaptor,will this be ok?

1BadFox

Maybe someone can school me on this............ but.......... I dont believe there is a need for a pulse adapter. Especially to your intake or carb. If you open vent the valve cover........... and leave an open vent to the crank case.... that works much better than shooting oil in your intake or carb. Am I right?............ I know im right :laugh:

fox,its for a fuel pump,and good to see you up and about,one bad ass gash there,omg,i about sh3t when i seen that,anyways i just don't want to drill it and have it mess something up

does it matter that its not on the "fat"part of the fitting as long as its sealed up?
Does not matter you are correct. I take it you will be able to look inside the manifold after installation of the pulse fitting to sand down any protrusion.That way flow will not be compromised.:thumbsup:It is not mandatory though.

thats good news,i just take the dremmel and rid the extra threads and smooth it all out,i wanted to get rid of the valve cover fitting and install a new cover with just the vent on the cover

fox,its for a fuel pump,and good to see you up and about,one bad ass gash there,omg,i about sh3t when i seen that,anyways i just don't want to drill it and have it mess something up
Sorry..... and thanks.................................... But I guess on your snowmobile your tank sits too low to gravity feed. Got it. Dont forget an evac system though. Vent the crank case to the exhaust and you will be surprised what that will free up. It will become an airpump in itself freeing up horsepower that would normally create friction and draw in the crank case. A little 1/4 hose is all you need and fittings. I drew mine from the governor location.

They do this to cars but I think you would draw oil out of the engine the way he is describing to do it.
Mine didnt. I made a screen from the wifes panty hose. Or I should say... I noticed that issue. But I did notice a lean condition off idle. These carbs are really not that adjustable on the idle circuit. I found the main jet to have the most adjustability throughout the power band.

The predator any way wants to pull vacuum. Its a stroker and once you hit it...it benefits from lowering resistance just like any engine will. Only with the larger displacement......its even moreso.

Mine didnt. I made a screen from the wifes panty hose. Or I should say... I noticed that issue. But I did notice a lean condition off idle. These carbs are really not that adjustable on the idle circuit. I found the main jet to have the most adjustability throughout the power band.

The predator any way wants to pull vacuum. Its a stroker and once you hit it...it benefits from lowering resistance just like any engine will. Only with the larger displacement......its even moreso.
Oh OK, yeah I knew there had to be more to the way you did it.:thumbsup:

can u post a pic of the way u vented it?

yes please post a picture of it vented,this sounds very interesting,and id like to see what kind of hose or pipe your using to go into the exaust,this sounds like a very good idea