Quick question ...... I used the search first

Hi guys... I just mounted my HF Predator 212cc to my 03 doodle bug and I'm trying to figure out how to install the clutch. I have a max torque 13t clutch and spacer that I slipped on the crank shaft. My question is should the clutch be even with the crank end or can the crank end be recessed a little? Thanks in advance.

You can buy the spacer kit from hotrodminibike.com for a few bucks. The spacer is between a 1/4 and a 1/2". There's also 2 washers. I'll measure the stack after work and post it up. The predator shaft is longer than normal clones

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I would say it's Ok for at least 1/4" in my book.

When it is out that much, I use an inner Shim, ( make up the gap )

then the center bolt with large washer.

that's how both of mine look. The bolt and washers hold the clutch tight against the bushing. I used the same bushing too as previously mentioned. I didn't use the setscrew but the crank bolt and washers that came with the kit -HotRodMiniBikes for my predator.

I used the spacer that I got from hotrodminibike but I wasn't sure if the clutch should be flush or not. I haven't tried to line up the chain yet but the PMR mount should help me line it up. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:

I used the spacer that I got from hotrodminibike but I wasn't sure if the clutch should be flush or not. I haven't tried to line up the chain yet but the PMR mount should help me line it up. Thanks for the help:thumbsup:
What I do when aligning old motors on old motor plates with old sprockets is to hook the chain, rear wheel tightened like it should be.

I mount the clutch, but don't tighten the allens, so the clutch can move on the shaft. Then I rotate the wheel as fast as I can, watching from behind to see any chain bending. I tighten the clutch after that. I can hear the chain wanting to run true, and it changes pitch if it's off a bit.

On my smaller motors, I don't even use the crankshaft bolt, just the two allens and have never had a problem. Clutch seems to stay.

Otherwise, use a shim out of flat washers like others have said.