quiet generator for winber 2014

i'm one of those guys that uses a CPAP machine. last year i stayed at
one of the hotels in town instead of at the camp ground. i missed all
the good evening fun and debauchery. what i need is a quiet generator
that can produce 250 watts or so for the entire night.

i don't want to have some generator that runs at earsplitting speeds
and sound levels punishing my fellow campers.

i have a few generators from a 20KW onan down to a 1.2kw mitsubishi,
but nothing less than that.

any recommendations???

phil

Honda "Suitcase" Generator....EU2000i....

It's way more watts than what you need.....but there is no finer built machine...starts on the first pull...sips gas...sounds like a sewing machine running. Drawing 250 watts it would more or less stay at idle speed.

Got us through Hurricane Sandy....ran it round the clock for 3 weeks straight.

You will never regret owning one.

Last edited:
I have heard that some CPAP machines will run on a 12 inverter and I know that it is a problem. So a car battery and a 300 watt inverter should do the job. But the Honda EU2000i is said to be the best and I know KKK used on to save the days after the big storm
Steve :scooter:

MikeBear

My c-pap machine (which is one of the originals, about 18 years old) will run on an inverter hooked to a deep-cycle marine battery. Some of the new ones will run directly off a battery without even needing the inverter. Either way, inverters are cheap, and batteries are useful in all sorts of ways.

So, you can recharge the battery with a generator, but the battery and inverter provides QUIET power during the night for the c-pap machine.

ordered:

FREE SHIPPING — Honda EU1000IKC Inverter Generator — 1000 Surge Watts, 900 Rated Watts, CARB-Compliant, Model# EU1000T1A | Inverter Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

thanks KKK.

this will run the 120 vac cpap power supply for at least 8 hours.

with this cool ass generator i can run my cpap machine and keep
buckeyes' white zinfandel wine spritzers nice and cool :thumbsup:

i can tote batteries or gas cans. my son is attending next year
so i can assign gas can duties to him. all the easier!

When Delray and myself are there we have one you could use for recharging the battery if you need,we even bring a battery charger with too,never now if you will need one or not ,used it to charge truck up 2 years ago out there when the alternator died on truck

When Delray and myself are there we have one you could use for recharging the battery if you need,we even bring a battery charger with too,never now if you will need one or not ,used it to charge truck up 2 years ago out there when the alternator died on truck
thanks buddy :thumbsup:

ordered:

FREE SHIPPING — Honda EU1000IKC Inverter Generator — 1000 Surge Watts, 900 Rated Watts, CARB-Compliant, Model# EU1000T1A | Inverter Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

thanks KKK.

this will run the 120 vac cpap power supply for at least 8 hours.

with this cool ass generator i can run my cpap machine and keep
buckeyes' white zinfandel wine spritzers nice and cool :thumbsup:

i can tote batteries or gas cans. my son is attending next year
so i can assign gas can duties to him. all the easier!
That was a damn good price....1000W is plenty. I would have paid 2 grand for one when the storm was coming...

They make all kinds of neat accesories for those too...the output is conditioned for use on sensitive equioment like computers..and you can link them together to double the wattage. It will run all night on a tank of gas....and you can get a top tank to increase the run time.

Wait till you get it.....you will love that thing!!

Last edited:
That was a damn good price....1000W is plenty. I would have paid 2 grand for one when the storm was coming...

They make all kinds of neat accesories for those too...the output is conditioned for use on sensitive equioment like computers..and you can link them together to double the wattage. It will run all night on a tank of gas....and you can get a top tank to increase the run time.

Wait till you get it.....you will love that thing!!

Um...as a prospective Windber attendee, what's up with this "quiet" requirement? How can anyone hear a generator over the loud music and laughter of intoxicated people around large campfires?

Honda "Suitcase" Generator....EU2000i....

It's way more watts than what you need.....but there is no finer built machine...starts on the first pull...sips gas...sounds like a sewing machine running. Drawing 250 watts it would more or less stay at idle speed.

Got us through Hurricane Sandy....ran it round the clock for 3 weeks straight.

You will never regret owning one.

My boss has one of those, we've even run and inverter welder off it for repair jobs. A really awesome little machine. When in a camp ground you almost have to walk up to it to hear if its running :laugh:

...i don't want to have some generator that runs at earsplitting speeds and sound levels punishing my fellow campers...
I'm with you on that part. Seems like when I go to the races I'm always parked next to some guy who runs a 5000 watt unmuffled generator all weekend just to charge his cordless drill.

I don't know much about electricity, but I think the big diff between the Honda inverter technology and an old-fshioned generator is that the latter has to run at 3,600 rpm to make 120v, 60 cycle power, regardless of the load. The Honda doesn't spin nearly that fast unless you really load it up.

l use my EU2000i all the time for camping. We go way out in the woods where it's really quiet. I'll hook it up to my trailer w/a 100' extension cord and put it behind a tree or a bush, and no one's bothered by it at all. I'll fill it up w/gas at dinner time and let it run all night long. The electronically controlled eco throttle feature is great. It will purr along at near-idle speed, running the TV and media player, and keeping the 12v lights bright and the furnace fan running strong when the temp drops to single digits after dark. Turn on the microwave oven and it will speed up to match the increased load. It will run the trailer's AC w/no fuss, but it doesn't get that warm around here very often. I used it to cook a turkey in this electric roaster last week. :thumbsup:

Um...as a prospective Windber attendee, what's up with this "quiet" requirement? How can anyone hear a generator over the loud music and laughter of intoxicated people around large campfires?
It is pretty quite there after the bikes shut down at 9:00. More of a family atmosphere.:thumbsup:

l use my EU2000i all the time for camping. We go way out in the woods where it's really quiet. I'll hook it up to my trailer w/a 100' extension cord and put it behind a tree or a bush, and no one's bothered by it at all. I'll fill it up w/gas at dinner time and let it run all night long. The electronically controlled eco throttle feature is great. It will purr along at near-idle speed, running the TV and media player, and keeping the 12v lights bright and the furnace fan running strong when the temp drops to single digits after dark. Turn on the microwave oven and it will speed up to match the increased load. It will run the trailer's AC w/no fuss, but it doesn't get that warm around here very often. I used it to cook a turkey in this electric roaster last week.
Tom you could be a salesman for Honda.....I'm ready to buy another after reading that!

I bought a Honda clone generator at the swapmeet. It is a little louder than the Honda but not annoyingly so.it didn't run but he said it "used to". I cleaned the carb and it works fine except for the 12v portion which I don't care about. It was only $100... So I was very happy with that. My buddy found a similar one. 1000 watt version for $24 at the last swapmeet. Same thing. Dirty carb. I noticed their were a lot of similar generators being sold at the swapmeet. Probably all with dirty carbs. So if you are looking for one cheap you might check the next swapmeet. Or maybe Mac could start buying them and selling them. He seems to be the swapmeet king.

Looks like your right Phil....I would have swore Honda offered it...they do offer a neat lighting kits, covers, etc....

here's another extended run fuel tank unit that looks very well made:

6 Gal Extended Run System Honda EU1000I EU10I EU2000I EU20I Honda Generators | eBay
That's pretty amazing. Mine seems to run for about 9-10 hrs on its 1-gallon tank of fuel w/the engine running at low speed, which it does 99% of the time. Add 6 more gallons and you could let it run continuously for 60 hrs or so. I'm gonna think hard about getting one of those. I'll burn through 5 or 6 gallons on a long weekend, and at least one re-fill will need to be done in the dark, stumbling through sage brush and over fallen logs to reach the end of that 100' extension cord. Neat item. :thumbsup:

Here's a link to the Honda owners manual if you want to see the machine's details.

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31Z07610.pdf

It is pretty quite there after the bikes shut down at 9:00. More of a family atmosphere.:thumbsup:
One of the things I enjoy the most about Windber is the fact that it is a family event NOT A REDNECK DRUNK FEST
We are guests of Jeff and his family and staying in his backyard.

One of the things I enjoy the most about Windber is the fact that it is a family event NOT A REDNECK DRUNK FEST
We are guests of Jeff and his family and staying in his backyard.
Not every event involving the consumption of alcoholic beverages is a "red neck drunk fest." :scooter:

A bunch of uncontrolled children riding pit bikes willy-nilly though a "back yard" however is a good indication it might be.

Guests to my home (including use of my outdoor kitchen and pool) do not have to pay me any money. :wink: