racing clutches

MDB and BB,
Have you guys used the SMC clutch's? Opinion's? I am trying out a new Vortex 3 disc,so far I like how smooth it is at lockup.My Tomar hits to hard at lockup and the bike get squirmy.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
MDB and BB,
Have you guys used the SMC clutch's? Opinion's? I am trying out a new Vortex 3 disc,so far I like how smooth it is at lockup.My Tomar hits to hard at lockup and the bike get squirmy.
I used a SMC clutch before, it worked good but I couldn't get the stall up high enough like my Tomars.

I used a SMC clutch before, it worked good but I couldn't get the stall up high enough like my Tomars.
I understand,I won't be spinning my bb as much as you do.I have this one set on the lowest setting with the lightest springs right now.hazing the tire off the line not wasting any of the torque it has. We are running 330ft so ET is our factor not MPH. If we hit the track And run 660ft that will all have to change...

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I understand,I won't be spinning my bb as much as you do.I have this one set on the lowest setting with the lightest springs right now.hazing the tire off the line not wasting any of the torque it has. We are running 330ft so ET is our factor not MPH. If we hit the track And run 660ft that will all have to change...
A big motor geared for such a short distance has got to be hard to handle. It might not be the clutch locking up hard, might just be engine TQ, mixed with low gearing.