Ram Jetliner Mini bike?

Anyone ever hear of a Ram Jetliner Mini bike? That is what the fron fork plate says. Ram Jetliner Made by what Da??as Manufacturing corp. It has been painted over a few times and is hard to make out the 3rd and fourth letters of the manufacturers name. I will put up pics when I get a chance.

Here is a pic. When I got it she was in really rough shape, I have been working on it the gas tank mount I added so that is not original. The frame unbolts into 3 pieces. Let me know what you guys think.

Ran....

I have a pile of old Stellar brochures and they had a whole line of bikes with the Ran title. Ran-jet, Ran-chopper, Ran-jetspeed, Ran-etc, etc. It is possible that Stellar changed hands at one point or another, at the bottom of most of my paperwork it says a division of republic Industries, but nothing about Dallas Metal Mfg.:shrug:

Yeah Stellar's bread and butter was electronics....the bikes were just a side gig to cash in on the mini-bike craze of the 60's-70's. Never saw that Dallas Metal Mfg name before.....?

rememeber a year or so ago one of the original Stellar family members showed up here on the forum...think he was in Florida and he even announced he had stock piles of nos parts stashed away......then he dissapeared......:shrug:

Last edited:
Ya From the pics the bikes look the same just with a differant name so im sure they were made by the same people or atleast used the same design. I thought it was cool that the frame split into 3 peices. I Have never had a mini that did that. Oh and Thanks Mark for the pics and help.

pomfish

Ran....

I have a pile of old Stellar brochures and they had a whole line of bikes with the Ran title. Ran-jet, Ran-chopper, Ran-jetspeed, Ran-etc, etc. It is possible that Stellar changed hands at one point or another, at the bottom of most of my paperwork it says a division of republic Industries, but nothing about Dallas Metal Mfg.:shrug:
This is why we need a book or website with nothing but scanned brochures.
I love the old paperwork but never seem to find any of it in my travels.
Thanks,
Keith

I think there is actually a section here already on the OldMiniBikes...but it is in serious need of updating/contributions from all the members that are hoarding that stuff.....