Raptor 3 mod help

hey guys! looking into modding my stock raptor, wasnt sure what would be a good cam to run in it. would like a little more top end will keep the stock valves but dont know if the springs will be ok. billet lifters i assume, but a new billet rod will go in. was looking for like a super stock cam where i dont have to weld for the lifters since i dont have a welder. i have the 94-ss in my last project and that was nice!! but this raptor is on my gokart.

C9H13NO3

Go with a 94ss cam.

Get new lifters, and file them to lash specifications. The 94ss is a really good cam that pulls harder than stock but requires very little work, and an all around great cam for riders, I run one in one of my flatheads, and love it.

:thumbsup:

that cam is nice i must say!! @6000 rpms it pulls good to 9000!! my doodlebug def hauls with that setup!!!!are the stock raptor cams any different that on a reg 5hp ?

Everybody says to go with the 94SS or 03SS Dynocam.
Billet lifters and tall valve springs required.:smile:

Stock Raptor camshafts are .233" lift, but the ramps are different then the stock briggs 5hp cams. You need tall valve springs to get that extra power out of a raptor cam.

ahh i see! the 03-ss seems to be my choice! one step up from the 94-ss and might give me what i'm looking for. sounds the best setup for that engine.

i have an 03ss,billet rod,raptor 3 piston with uncle franks 2 piece top ring,stock carb bored to .700,and a 3hp iron flywheel. the clutch is a tav 2.final drive is 6-1.
this is all on a kart.hauls the mail real well!!!!! overrides the torque convertor very fast,and the driven spring is in the tightest setting.

did i mention i'm 6ft,215lbs?