ratchet cup an flywheel removel..

On the inside or outside of cup 5 horse i need to cha nge one an take of the other to get to the coil wire on the76 so just put wrench on it turn opposite direction an that shows the flywheel nut :shrug:

Thanks 5 horse that helped me out i have a 76 briggs with ño spark i m not sure if its the coil or condeñser i dont know where the wire from coil goes to dont know where it hooks up do i got to go into the crankcaseto to change coil or can i splice the wire together ot sure where the condenset goes or if that engine evrn uses on need help getting spark ,,·5 horse thanks :eek:ut:

what do you mean the head on top? you really should unless the gasket has been replaced within the last week, its probably old and flattend, getting a new one, will make your engine run better cause it will hold compression:thumbsup:

5horse do i need a flywheel puller to remove flywheel an do you have any info on the coil question i asked you before the head gasket one thanks .

Thanks 5 horse that helped me out i have a 76 briggs with ño spark i m not sure if its the coil or condeñser i dont know where the wire from coil goes to dont know where it hooks up do i got to go into the crankcaseto to change coil or can i splice the wire together ot sure where the condenset goes or if that engine evrn uses on need help getting spark ,,·5 horse thanks :eek:ut:
Hi izzy, probably the easiest thing to do is convert it to a magnatron coil, if it isn't already. No points, no condensor, and less than 20 dollars to convert it over.

Briggs Coil Magneto Magnetron installation tips - YouTube

Thanks dave an 5 horse ill probably go that route how do i get the wire from the coil to the inside of engine off an the coil u said to use how do i hook it up just bolt in place an gap it :confused:

How do I get the wire from the coil to the inside of engine off?

Remove flywheel, then look at this video. Note that you can just cut the wires off of the old stuff, or completely removed points and condensor.

#13 - Briggs and Stratton 5HP 130202 - Replace points & condenser ignition with a Magnetron Ignition - YouTube

How do i hook it up just bolt in place an gap it?
Refer to the first video I posted. Slap it on and use an index card to set the gap between magnatron and flywheel. The only wires are spark plug wire, and kill switch wire. If you hook that up to a switch, then the other side of the switch to ground, you will stop the engine. (Kill switch)

yes it should be from the same hp engine, and the lawn mower probably has an aluminum flywheel so it will be lighter than the stock flywheel so I don't know about that