rechomed parts

minibikefever

Anyone have a line on someone that rechromes parts? I have a place about 35 minutes from me but thought I would ask members if there was anyone reasonable I could ship some things to before I take the ride out and obligate myself to a shop without maybe getting some other member's thoughts first, Thank you...

What Skipp said^^^^. Those 2 words do not belong in the same sentence- LOL!
If you have never had rechroming done, you are in for a (big) surprise on the price....
Michael

I have used 3 different shops the past three winters….this last shop truly hurt the worse…excuses about costs and epa…blah blah…making your problems my problems….if you can find someone to chrome a fender for trail horse/ bonanza size under 150…GO THERE FAST!

If you want chrome pay up…I restored 4 now with all new chrome…I’ve powder coated a twice that many.…I prefer chrome…I can afford powder coat now days…

minibikefever

Ok I guess I'm taking that 35 minute drive, it's only a front fender for a bike that will at least give me back my investment, I've bought and resold bikes and made money, but as far as restoring a minibike to make cash I've only broke even with free labor and the love of doing it, This bike will at least pay for itself, Hey I thought I would ask LOL

Ok I guess I'm taking that 35 minute drive, it's only a front fender for a bike that will at least give me back my investment, I've bought and resold bikes and made money, but as far as restoring a minibike to make cash I've only broke even with free labor and the love of doing it, This bike will at least pay for itself, Hey I thought I would ask LOL
Do you want to end up with a million dollars buying, restoring, and selling minibikes?
It's easy- Just start with TWO million!!
Michael

minibikefever

I
Do you want to end up with a million dollars buying, restoring, and selling minibikes?
It's easy- Just start with TWO million!!
Michael
I've restored probably 20 1970s Honda motorcycles and sold and sent them throughout the world to buyers and made cash on every single one, these minibikes are just for fun, I retired at 54 and started playing for a living, But thanks for the advice. Keep on minikbikin....for fun.

I just had some hurst 4 speed handles done for my 66 GTO by a company called custom chrome plating Inc. out of Grafton Ohio. Very nice dealing with the owner. Nothing gets processed until they get your parts. review them and calls you with a price. We discussed in detail what I needed.
They came back as we discussed (about 4 weeks). Show quality all the way. Much of the total cost will be in the labor to get the base metal correct for the chrome. The less imperfections in the base metal the less expensive it would be. I paid $150.00 per handle. I only needed 1 handle so I will make all my money back by selling the other one. Like you, I have collected parts for years. Saving the best condition originals for when it comes time for new chrome.

I just had some hurst 4 speed handles done for my 66 GTO by a company called custom chrome plating Inc. out of Grafton Ohio. Very nice dealing with the owner. Nothing gets processed until they get your parts. review them and calls you with a price. We discussed in detail what I needed.
They came back as we discussed (about 4 weeks). Show quality all the way. Much of the total cost will be in the labor to get the base metal correct for the chrome. The less imperfections in the base metal the less expensive it would be. I paid $150.00 per handle. I only needed 1 handle so I will make all my money back by selling the other one. Like you, I have collected parts for years. Saving the best condition originals for when it comes time for new chrome.
I used them 2 winters ago very nice one man operation just took 6 months to get my chrome but VER VERY reasonable fir chrome….only take Venmo….

I just looked back a my receipt from him….(2021 prices)just under $500 for 2 fenders, shock parts, headlight and a few small mounting pieces…

And don’t confuse with Jon wrights custom chrome out of Cleveland…he’s awesome but the most expensive!!

Last edited:
I spoke to him regarding lead time. Time was longer during Covid. Takes many forms of payments. Confused on the Jon Wright post. Jon Wright is the owner of the shop I mention. Also, many mini parts back in the day only Nickel/chromed and skipped the copper process. Copper is used primarily to fil voids in the metal for that super smooth final appearance. Hence triple chrome (show chrome). It's all in the pre-plate work when it comes to chrome.
Regards
Joe51