Recomendations needed......

Hello, another newbie here. I bought a Baja Doodle Bug for my son and I have read on here about how to help it go better and we have done just that. Thank you.

Now on to my help needed. I would like to buy a mini bike for myself to ride with my son on trails and in the woods. And I have been looking at the Baja Warrior at TS. But here is where my problem lies, I weigh 350lbs and I'm 6' 4" . What kind of mini bike could someone recommend for me? or what could I do to a Baja warrior to help it haul me?:confused:

If the Warrior is running the TAV unit already.. Beefing up the engine for more power or just putting a lower gear ratio in it will help haul more of a load.... You could find heavier shocks if ride is the problem..

But there were several companies that built almost a mechanical mule style mini bike for heavy hauling in rough terrain.. Some are very pricey like Rokon 2 wheel drives and stuff but an old Tote Gote is fairly affordable and a real cool antique.. There were lots of them in the 50's 60's era.. A lot of people call them tractor bikes.. Maybe do a search in the forums for that or Rokon, Pak Jak, Tote Gote, and see what you can find.. You could also look through the pictures area and see what catches your eye.. There are lots of cool ones out there..

[/IMG]

It all depends.. A TAV is a jack shaft of sorts.. But the TAV gives ya an infinite gear ratio starting at real low and gets itself up to an over drive speed... You can tear them up if ya dump a heavy stress load to them all the time, but then again so will anything... If you were trying to pull 600 pounds strait up a mountain all day long a good racing type single speed clutch jack shafted down to a top speed of 3 miles per hour might be in your best interest.. But typically yes a TAV is far superior to a single speed speed or even two speed setup for overall performance/dependability stand point....

I'd say a TAV is the way to go for trail riding. When you run a clutch, even with a jack shaft, they need to get to full lock up to cool down. It's hard to do that on trails when you're on and off the throttle alot. You'll could wind up over heating the clutch and have premature failure.

There are large big wheel minibike kits on Ebay, and with an 11-13hp HF engine would carry you along just find! Just a thought! I have them from time to time! Oh they are high rent, but someone here could possibly build you one you'd just have to check around!