Recommend the best point and shoot camera...

Looking for a new point and shoot digital camera. Touch screen would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Anyone have an affordable model to recommend?

Spyderdregg

I have a Cannon Powershot thats a pretty good little camera and nice and cheap too.I'd stay away from the Nikon coolpix though,I bought one a couple years ago and had nothing but problems with it.

You can't go wrong w/a Canon. I've had a couple of small Canons and really liked them. Currently I use a Lumix DMC-FH25 pocket size camera at work, but only because it's company-issued. I take a couple hundred pics every day w/it. It's pretty rugged and reliable, and has tolerated being dropped on concrete floors a few times. No touch screen on that one.

My curent personal camera is also a Lumix, a DMC-FZ200. It's a higher end point & shoot, w/controls and image quality similar to a mid-range DSLR. It's not pocket sized, and there's no touch screen. It takes really great pics and vid, but wasn't so expensive that I'd feel awful if something happened to it. It sees a lot of rough use at motorcycle races and on the trail. It replaced a similar Canon SX10 that I used for years.