recommended mods

My first thought. These carbs IIRC are quite unadjustable.
My first reaction to the engine running rich would be to check the air filter.

One other thing, not sure if it means squat.
My wife's unmodded Baja starts on the first pull every time. The thing is, even after the engine has been running, if you turn it off, it still wants the choke to start.

i was running it without the filter yesterday so i doubt that was the issue. i guess if your wifes does the same it is normal for these engines to need choke to start. i just know it is not normal for most small engines to need the choke to start when warm. really makes me almost want to buy an aftermarket engine to drop in this thing so it should work and run properly. i can toss this engine on a snowblower or something

My wife's unmodded Baja starts on the first pull every time. The thing is, even after the engine has been running, if you turn it off, it still wants the choke to start.
my ct200u gx200 clone wants choke even when hot....cold takes 2 pulls stumbles and I turn off choke immediately and runs great..no issue ..just the way it wants to start...I just have Briggs muffler and higher flow air filter setup.......yeah I'm like that too wolfie after much diddling i'd just grab a predator 212 not look back..fiddle with the other engine later..it may have valve issue or something

Last edited:
if it wasn't such a pain in the ass i would swap with the engine that is on my snowblower but i know i need to completely dismantle the entire snowblower to get that engine off.

Very typical for any of the clone engines, including every one my son and I have owned in the last 6 years.
Michael

well i am not sure if i am going to do it or not yet but next week the 208cc engines go on sale at princessauto. just hard to say if i really need it or not. the engine seems like it is running a bit better. i think it only seems to be running rich when idling. if i let it idle too long it will bog or stall when you give it throttle but if i hold throttle wide open for a minute or 2 it won't bog or die when i give it throttle. makes it sound like it would be a really good engine for a snowblower since it would run full rpm all the time

Last edited:
i don't know if i would call it flooding. it will sit there idling great but you can you can see it in the exhaust that it does seem to run rich when idling long enough.

just a thought.. while running at idle seeing rich unburned fuel out muffler....turn gas shut off to carb and see if it runs better as bowl empties ...it takes a while and if it runs better that my point to carb float filling bowl too much making rich condition or bad carb..

well i was at princess auto today and ended up picking up a 208cc engine. i am not sure if i am going to toss it on yet or not but i got the engine cheap enough that if i don't use it i could probably resell it for what i bought it for.

i ended up driving it over to the bosses place and as cool as it was almost seems too slow. i know they were not built for speed but they just max out so quick. i guess this is what i get for working on a friends pocket bike. that thing is scary fast once you start rolling.

well i changed the plug this morning and plan on taking it over to where a buddy is working today to take it for a rip. it just fits in my daily driver so i am pretty happy about that. i am still considering tossing the brand new engine on this thing and swapping the old engine onto a snowblower or something.

Attachments