Remembering your youth 60's, 70's, 80's

i almost forget riding around in my 63 falcon convertible listening to benny and the jets on my 8 track.......:laugh::001_tt2:
"63 falcon convertible listening to benny and the jets on my 8 track...." Yeah, I can dig that. I'll listen to it today I think, else it'll be stuck in my head. 63 falcon vert..very cool.

1955...The Wind In The Willows...my first library book.

1957...Westinghouse Atomic Power Plant...Revell plastic model.

1960...Bug Wasp... My first go kart with McCullough motor.

1963...Fox Campus Minibike...Bought brand new for $119.00.

1963...Met My Wife In High School...We're still married.
Is buying the Fox Campus and meeting your wife the same year a related story?

1978 - my first drum kit at age 5. Ludwig blue sparkle.
1981 - Tamiya Rough Rider for Christmas
1984 - Honda 200S ATC
1990 - bought my '57 VW Bug
1991 - H.S. graduation and Vo Tech outstanding student of my class.

TV shows I enjoyed in the late 60s...........

F-Troop

Mod Squad

Here come the brides

Hogans Heros

Lost in space

Many Sat morning cartoons

Ok.....Trivia time.......Bob Denver did 4 television series...........Name them without the aid of Google.......................Tom.

TV shows I enjoyed in the late 60s...........

F-Troop

Mod Squad

Here come the brides

Hogans Heros

Lost in space

Many Sat morning cartoons

Ok.....Trivia time.......Bob Denver did 4 television series...........Name them without the aid of Google.......................Tom.
You must of been born the same year as me, all my favorites:laugh::laugh:

maverick1

Space program beginning's
Camping in the backyard
Skim boarding in the backyard after a hard rain
Pot
Getting up at 5am to go surfing
My gold 5 speed Schwinn stingray with the stickshift
Drive-in movies
Green mosquito coils at the drive-in's
1/24 scale slot cars
Lots of Yamaha from the 60 and 70's
My red Maverick minibike
Daytona bike races in the 70's
Hustling the drunk bikers playing ping pong at Orange Isle Camp ground in Daytona
My 67 Camaro which I still have but it ran then
Blasting Deep Purple Machine Head in it's 8 track
Meeting a few of the original astronaut's, Cronkite and Bergman as a youngster
Getting plastered at 16 and my mom making go to school the next day hungover to teach me a lesson.
Sawing my sleeve off in shop class
Being really excited I made it thru high school.
Seeing my parents really happy I made it thru high school

I better quit. Could go on forever.

Prince planet, ho slot cars, cap guns, fires in the back yard. Oh an arson on the rampage set12 barns on fire that summer, a few in bike ridden range. Not a great memory but remembered forever.

Last edited:
TV shows I enjoyed in the late 60s...Ok.....Trivia time.......Bob Denver did 4 television series...........Name them without the aid of Google.......................Tom.
I can think of "The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis" and "Gilligan's Island", but I'm stumped on the other two.

Here's a show I loved to watch when I was in 8th and 9th grade. My folks thought it was smutty. That made it better.

My kid liked to listen to "Love Line" on the radio when he was about 13. I didn't like it. I think he'd tell you that made it better.

ELT

I remember working on our dairy farm, riding to the barn on top of the loads of hay, driving tractor to bale hay for the first time when I was 8, bringing the cows to the barn with out dog Pal who was a great woodchuck dog (we got one almost every day). Later on when I got a 22 spending hours shooting chucks and things. Spent hours in the sugerbush gathering sap then sittng in the sugerhouse with my dad boiling it to maple syrup. I rember my dad almst dead after a farm accident and the miricle of his suvival. The peace marches on washington, equal rights marches on washinton. JFK got shot so did MLK and a lot of others. Friends got drafted and went to Vetnam and came back diffrent. Nixon resigned, gas got expensive, party hardy was the moto and though it all I never got the mini bike I wanted. Mom said they were too dangerous.