Ricein west bend 820 rail road tie chop saw conversion

So I picked up a ricien chop saw. I almost don’t want to convert it they seem to be extremely expensive saws. But I’ve got no use for it as a saw so couple questions? Is it’s rotation the same as the kart engine or back words? We’re could I get the race kart 820 crank. And what other modifications would need done to it. I’d like to rebuild the whole engine. I’m sure it’s probably been used hard. Would the fly wheel also need changed? Is there a write up about this conversion or is this better off left a chop saw? Lastly what derection does the clutch bolt come off. It’s not budging. Any advice on removing it

Attachments

I have one of those, it's an absolute beast, makes a Stihl look like a toy. Made for cutting rail road track. PTO spins CW. You can get parts on ebay, as well as a few other places. Don't forget you will also need a mount, and a proper clutch. It can add up fast. I would suggest leaving it as is, If you don't need it sell it and get a different engine.

Last edited:
I have one of those, it's an absolute beast, makes a Stihl look like a toy. Made for cutting rail road track. PTO spins CCW. You can get parts on ebay. I would suggest leaving it as is, If you don't need it sell it and get a different
i would gladly buy this from you and leave it as a saw.
plenty of westbend 820 kart engines available.
I Don’t think you would want to pay the shipping on this thing. It’s a heavy peace of equipment the engines light but the rest adds some serious pounds to it. But if you think you would Dm me an offer.