rich running carb

Sprocket86

Hi there. I am having one hell of a time with my HS50 tek carb. Installed a 3.5 hp fixed jet carb and was too lean, so I source a adjustable jet carb with the same bore diameter and cleaned it up, now it runs very rich at all speeds and the miture screws have no effect on how lean or rich it runs, I am thinking some clooged air bleeds or some related passage, any ideas would be great. What would be the correct carb for this engine on a mini? Thanks.

Motra

If the float bowl vent is plugged it'll do that or if the needle/seat is not sealing it'll cause flooding, but if that's the case it'll also leak fuel badly with the engine shut off.

Sprocket86

If the float bowl vent is plugged it'll do that or if the needle/seat is not sealing it'll cause flooding, but if that's the case it'll also leak fuel badly with the engine shut off.
Hey thanks. Its not flooding out, no fuel leaks just really rich running. This carb has no primer bulb nipple, so is the bowl vent a tiny hole in the side of the carb body?

carb issue

the vent is to get rid of the air that the fuel is displacing as the carb fills with gas. i dont have one of this size or model carb but on my hm100 the vent vents up through the body of the carb and out into the venturi where the air comes in right after the air filter. it should be a little metal tube in that vicinity. then just chase it from there back through and down through the body to find the other end where the float is. there may be an aluminum plug at the float end w/ a little notch (hole) to vent/pry. btw, when you pull your carb out and take a peak make sure the float doesnt have gas inside it indicating a leak and needed replacement. all these issues are Very fresh in my mind:doah: right now- hope this helps