RIP Tom Petty

I didn't even know he'd passed until Joe posted this thread. I generally don't go all sappy when Stars Fall From the Sky, after all, I've been navigating my own constellations.

But Tom Petty. I've been listening to him regularly since the late 70's. He was there when my youngest was born. He's sorta always been there, the consummate hippy rock and roll guy in my mind. Nearly 40 years-worth. I will miss him.

Okay, I have no clue but the local DJ was all pissed off that this was being spread around and that he had even reported that Tom Petty had died but he was saying that in fact he is still with us.... This was as of lunch time today. :shrug:

Either way he is/was a great artist. Sadly we are all headed down the road that always has the same end.....

Doug

Okay, I have no clue but the local DJ was all pissed off that this was being spread around and that he had even reported that Tom Petty had died but he was saying that in fact he is still with us.... This was as of lunch time today. :shrug:

Either way he is/was a great artist. Sadly we are all headed down the road that always has the same end.....

Doug

Strange that they said he is alive. The Tom Petty website says he died.
Tom Petty: 1950 - 2017 - TomPetty.com News

Doug
There was confusion, yesterday, because CBS reported his passing several hours before it actually happened. Shouldn't be any confusion today, though.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/02/business/media/tom-petty-cardiac-arrest.html

Initial erroneous Tom Petty death reports cause confusion - ABC News