Robin Subaru

I want a engine for my garden tractor and ran across a deal on a 7.5hp robin. I want to replace my tecumseh h60. Is this a good swap? I will need to have the shaft turned to 3/4inch. The engine looks like new ,it came off of a generator.

My tractor is a old one. I would like to hot rod it a little with a strait stack and replace the filter with a hi flow. Will this reduce torq any?

Ideas? I want to keep it pretty much stock. I will post a few pictures.

rmm727

Couldn't you just change the pulley so you wouldn't have to turn the crank down since its in a tractor or do you have an expensive electric clutch you don't want to replace?

Nevermind, just noticed it was a taper shaft engine. I was just going off of the description.

It has a step shaft with a taper. That taper will be cut off. My tecumseh has a 1 inch shaft with a 3 step pulley. I think I will have this shaft turned to 3/4 inch and use a double pulley. One for drive and 1 for mower deck is all I need.
I have been trying to figure this engine out for a few days and you guys seem to be the best to talk with. Looks like this will run around 3,600rpm for the sweet spot.

Motra

Robin engines are great, very high quality. I have an EY20 and a new EY28. It's probably not worth a lot because it's a generator engine and Robins aren't very popular. They don't make the EY series anymore so you can't buy them new. I have all the manuals for them, I could send them you if you want.

Motra,
I bought it! For $40 I had to.. Now I need to talk to some local guys about that shaft. I hope it can be turned down without removing it.

Can you give me advise about the two mods I would like to do. 1.strait pipe 2.k&n filter in stock air box. I would rather not mess with the carb jets.

65ShelbyClone

Now I need to talk to some local guys about that shaft. I hope it can be turned down without removing it.
Some people will tell you can be done, but IMO, the crank has to come out in order to do it right.

Can you give me advise about the two mods I would like to do. 1.strait pipe 2.k&n filter in stock air box. I would rather not mess with the carb jets.
Then leave the engine stock.

Motra

I agree with everything 56ShelbyClone said and I doubt you'd find a K&N that would fit your stock air box. 40 bones is a good price for that.

I want a engine for my garden tractor and ran across a deal on a 7.5hp robin. I want to replace my tecumseh h60. Is this a good swap? I will need to have the shaft turned to 3/4inch. The engine looks like new ,it came off of a generator.

My tractor is a old one. I would like to hot rod it a little with a strait stack and replace the filter with a hi flow. Will this reduce torq any?

Ideas? I want to keep it pretty much stock. I will post a few pictures.
These carbs are not much fun to tune.
No parts is part of the trouble.

Find a Telledyne dealer they may have some jets you can drill( when you mess with the muffler and air filter ) but I would not hold my breath....

I am not sure about parts since the big shake up at Fuji heavy industries with regards to this engine.
It may be an orphan.

Good news the Chinese cloned the hell out of it.
Its a good seller in some of the south pacific markets because its a decent flat head for running on JetA and K1.

I ordered a double v pulley with a 3/4 inch hole. I'm hoping my buddy can bore it to fit my steped shaft. I think I will loctight and pin it on. Sound ok?