Round gas tanks

jeep4me

I have two cylinder shaped gas tanks for sale. Both came off from old Wisconsin engines. They are spot less on the inside and both have a few minor nicks and dents, nothing major. I have the sediment bulbs for both of them and are included in the sale.

They measure 10 inches long and have a 5 3/4 inch diameter. Tank straps are adjustable.

Asking $45 each shipped to your door.

Cylinder tanks are expensive. The ones with the cap closer to the end bring even more money. I wouldn't sell one of my 4x8.25 tanks with the cap close to the end for under the seat mounting for less than $80 shipped

Everything corrodes except Gold and Monel.

Once apon a time a very rich man had a yawt haul made from Monel. The boat sank 6 months after hitting the water when every other piece of metal on it corroded a warp speed.

Watch those type tanks go on ebay the old ones sell faster and for more in some cases! The old clintons and other 2 strokes dont generally rust as badly, and some have the sight glass valves & cool vintage stickers!
I've sold a couple of them on there when I was strapped for cash and it was 50 dollar opener or :001_tt2: I've seen them go a lot higher... I got one for a buck at the junkyard just laying there in the sheet metal pile, no motor near it, just nice little tank.. It's on that Hercules.. That one is the old briggs and stratton roundy with a one ender.. I could clean it and chrome it and it would be 165 dollar Ruttman Grasshopper Bonanza CR500 tank..

jeep4me

It's true, steel will rust. But considering that these tanks are already almost 50 years old and only have a few scratchs and a couple small dents and NO RUST inside or out, I think they would be OK for any minibike you put them on.

Just going to throw out a sugestion but there are off shore sources for things like round fuel tanks.

These particular tanks however are very good quality and better made than something you would get aftermarket from someplace like Rajkot.