Rupp 2 Speed clutches exact copys

I am not that sure if the original secondary clutch was a comet. I cannot speak to the brand used. I wish I saved my original factory take-off units.
For sure the originals ( at least in 68) were the fabric type mentioned previously in this post and were pinned to the shaft. I almost think they used asbestos welt riveted to the clutch shoe. They would get oil soaked, however they could withstand the heat. Next gen. on some bikes used the composite type materials. I am pretty sure the last gen they all went to sintered shoes. Getting old so I could be off a little.
No doubt alot of Engineering went into this repop.
Regards

The 2-speed clutches are officially ready! Like I said, previously in this post, these 2-speed set ups are almost an exact copy of the original set up that was used on Rupp1968 TT500 and 1969 Roadster. All of the original parts can be interchanged with the reproduction parts.

The 7hp billet rods are also officially ready! As you can see by the pictures that were previously listed, these rods are beautiful!

Both the two speed set up and the 7hp rod are being made in a very limited quantity, so if you are interested get them while you can!

Please email at pdlsa10@aol.com for orders and questions.

Hello, Before I opt to purchase a complete unit, Please send me a pic. via IM of the first gear weld. ( sprocket to hub). My better 1/2 will kill me but if all looks good I'll buy a unit.
Regards,
Joe48

As you can see in the picture, the bushing has a step machined in it, which the gear is fitted on and then welded in place. The gear is a 21 tooth just like the original. The one way bearing then is pressed in to this bushing. A second hardened bushing is then fitted inside of the bearing and onto the jackshaft. The second bushing is held in place on the jackshaft with a key...

I want to thank everyone for their support! I have sold almost half of the 2-speed set ups that I had made! Please email me at pdlsa10@aol.com if you would like to purchase, have questions or comments on my Rupp 2-Speed setups.

I also have the H70 rods available. I have had one in my Roadster for 3 months now. I have been running it wide open without a governor, without a problem!

I am not that sure if the original secondary clutch was a comet. I cannot speak to the brand used. I wish I saved my original factory take-off units.
For sure the originals ( at least in 68) were the fabric type mentioned previously in this post and were pinned to the shaft. I almost think they used asbestos welt riveted to the clutch shoe. They would get oil soaked, however they could withstand the heat. Next gen. on some bikes used the composite type materials. I am pretty sure the last gen they all went to sintered shoes. Getting old so I could be off a little.
No doubt alot of Engineering went into this repop.
Regards
Yes….sounds like mine. Here are photos of mine, which is original as far as I know:

Attachments