Rupp 440 Nitro sled, 75 bucks

Theres one at the junkyard in town.. I am NOT about to :censure: with it, but theres a pretty well complete 440 Nitro at the junkyard.. Been sitting a long time, windshield complete but mud colored and junk, bottom plastic broke some on the one side (loading damage) canister rusted half away.. :doah:

Hood looks pretty good, seat cover not bad.. Complete Rupp 440 twin.. Tokyo Hinderflusal or whatever the hell the tag says on the side.. :laugh: Someone has just recently taken the carb off but it's rite there, compression on both cylinders.. :shrug:

Rough ole bastard but most all there and not too bad lookin.. :sailor:

Pretty damn close.. :laugh: Actually I thought about it later and I think it mighta been a Magnum.. :doah: SOMEthin like that.. Old Rupp, kinda squared off low flat wind shield...

If its a Magnum there hard to find and would be worth the asking price. Magnums in the early sled were free air engines. So if there no fan and has the bigger cylinder heads sticking through the hood its a Magnum.

Ohhhhhhhh, no it's more like yours.. uhhhh I would say in vision your sled, only instead of a big tall windshield sticking up.. It has a real small flat one the runs along the hood and probably actually OFFERS LITTLE protection... Looks neat though.. :lol: Yup, your sled with a Buck Rogers windsheild.. :lol:

it will be sad to know its getting crushed... you should take pics & put them on vintagesleds.com im sure you could make a few $ with very little effort even at $250 some1 would snap that up from the way you make it sound? im coming out that way but i think your a little ways north kid? although i have noticed sleds dont bring as much out in mi.??? maybe im just crazy?
:hammer:

Last edited:
By they way you describe the windshield I,m thinking Magnum. Here is some eye candy for you to look at. Magnums were the race sleds Rupp made back in the day.

OldRupps.com - Joe Francis' Collection

The very top of the page with guy standing on it is the exact same machine... :thumbsup:

it will be sad to know its getting crushed... you should take pics & put them on vintagesleds.com im sure you could make a few $ with very little effort even at $250 some1 would snap that up from the way you make it sound? im coming out that way but i think your a little ways north kid? although i have noticed sleds dont bring as much out in mi.??? maybe im just crazy?
No.. The sled sits about 10 miles north of I-94 rite off from Old US 27 or I-69... If you take 94 up and around to Detroit you will be very close to it...

You're rite.. Sleds are worthless in Michigan.. I had this gorgeous Mercury I got from the same junkyard.. Still had the original registration from 1971 and all... Got 75 bucks for it eventually.. :doah: Because the guy wanted it for a family photo.. :lol:

Sleds are junk... :hammer:

Yeah!, Your right that old snowmobiles do not fetch that much money. Just that certain ones are more desirable than other. Rupps seem to do well for snowmobiles, and there still a lot of parts for them out there. And Rupp sled guys like the Magnums because there didn't make that many of them, there were race sleds.

Yeah!, Your right that old snowmobiles do not fetch that much money. Just that certain ones are more desirable than other. Rupps seem to do well for snowmobiles, and there still a lot of parts for them out there. And Rupp sled guys like the Magnums because there didn't make that many of them, there were race sleds.
He knows... He bought a Rupp snowmobile in Olivet this morning... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He paid 75 for a junkyard one.. :eek:hmy: He got ripped.. :eek:hmy: But the owner of the place sold him a PILE of BRAND NEW Yamaha skis for like 4 dollars each.. Grindking tells em 5 bucks is too much.. :thumbdown:

:laugh: I found a BUCKET FULL of old Tec adjustables and Briggs Flojets and older tractor carbs and Kohler and ALL :censure:ing kinds of cool stuff that showed up today... $10 bucks got me probably 25 pounds of vintage carbs and two sweet ass boat fenders Lenny has had forever he wouldn't ever let go of :shrug: Maybe he was in a good mood because a guy from Minnesotta came for his snowmobile because I brought him from OldMiniBikes... :laugh: It was a good day at Lennys.. :lol:

god dam you crack me up kid i had alot of fun & really wish i could have stayed longer but i just got home about 5pm thurs. & had 3hrs sleep in 36hrs & probly well over 1000miles but i figured i spent about $400 in gas & $300 was covered by the other guys that i hauled there sleds back to MN. so over all im not doing to bad... im still trying to figure out what im gona do with my new junkyard briggs, carb parts & extra snowmobile seat. i found out the rupp is a real 71 magnum wide track, & has the speedo is on the chrome dash plate hanging around the handle bars? & as far as the skis that i bought i didnt mean to sound ungr8ful but i could only afford $50 worth & i would have had to leave like 5skis on the shelf lol so i just asked him to throw the rest in lol hes a gr8 guy, you aint a kidding

heres what we found in the junkyard at restore kids honny hole
:bowdown:
keep me informed of anymore that come threw & maybe next time i'll stop out in the summer when we could get some riding in lol thanks again for the help