Rupp Grand Prix

Spotted a go kart today on Craigslist. The listing said $50. Talked to the guy and he said the kart needed some work. Well I went anyway wasn't too far. The kart was a piece of junk but this one was leaned up against the garage outside. I asked if this one was for sale and he said sure. I flipped it off its side and the first thing I saw was the rupp badge front and center. After some haggling we pulled the kart out of the dog poop infested back yard and home it came.
Yes it needs work but the majority is there. Needs the outer part of rims and odds and ends.
Any leads on the parts would be appreciated.
Not gonna sell but what would one this era sell for?

BC DAVE

Nice find :thumbsup:

A buddy of mine just got a hold of a '65 "A-BONE" that he is restoring to run around the tracks here in NORCAL. His is in good shape with very little rust on the floor pan. He gave that much $..... for it. There's a rule here about asking what things are worth here via a post. :no: The worth of a item means nothing to me as long as I'm happy with it :thumbsup: You might keep a eye out on E-BAY and post in the "WANT ADDS" here on OldMiniBikes for the parts that you are after.

BC DAVE :thumbsup:

jmbmini

Looks like you have yourself a 1964 Grand prix in blue. The 1964 ad I can't blow it up anymore or you won't be able to read it. Sorry! But the pictures on the first ad shows the seat mounting design. Also the 1965 ad on the right has a red one at top.

Last edited:
Tell me what u think from this pic. You can see where there were plates in the left and right. I may be mistaken. There's not much material could have been used for something else.

It was brackets for the 2 stroke unimount to bolt to so it would not spin on the axle on either side for left hand engine or right hand or dual engines. Someone cut them off sometime in it's life. The blue grandprix brochure shows the unimount bolting to the bracket that was cut off your kart. The motor plate on that kart someone added.

Last edited: