Rupp rascal..I think

DaveL12

Came with a 3 hp briggs and Stratton so I bought a brand new 5.5 tecumseh. I painted the bike after a few days of wire wheeling the purple paint rust and white pin stripes off and ended up with this

Painted the original rupp turbines since they were so far gone from pitting. I probably would have painted them regardless because I love how these turned out. Wrapped them in some new rubber too

Waiting for some engine components to get here so Here's where I'm at now

I'm 21 and This is the first mini bike I've restored but I'm happy there's a community of people who appreciate these cool little things as much as I do so leave me some feedback I'd love to hear what you all have to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus

Looks earlier than the rascal, more like a cub/econocycle. what does the sprocket look like? if it mounts around the outer lip its a 1968, if it mounts down near the near the hub (like the not on the bike in this pic) its a 1967-earlier.

DaveL12

Is that your bike in this picture?? And mine has the sprocket that is not on that bike

markus

Is that your bike in this picture?? And mine has the sprocket that is not on that bike

yes, the bike is mine, yours is a cub then 65-67 :thumbsup: Since I have had mine for the past few years I had not seen any other early versions of that bike show up. But this year I stumbled across one locally which I just sold to another member and now yours, very cool!!!!

DaveL12

Wow that is awesome! After purchasing the bike I searched google to get some ideas on what I wanted to do with this thing I immediately fell in love with your bike it is beautiful it is actually what inspired me to paint mine gold.

DaveL12

Hahaha I knew someone would comment on that it's the only place I have that's not in other peoples way so it'll have to do for this project!

DaveL12

So I've come to realize that it is a large headache trying to do anything performance wise to the 5.5 tecumseh I had bought for the cub. I've changed courses and went ahead and bought yet another brand new engine for this thing haha
I'll be doing the typical upgrades with this engine. Header, intake, remove governor, change jet and emulsion tube, etc. I just want a smooth and quick engine so if you guys any tips for me since I'm a complete and utter

DaveL12

Here's what the cub is lookin like currently
I have yet to install a clutch or chain and the engine isn't bolted to the frame. I did the box stock package to the 212 and got a header I plan to wrap with fiberglass. I'm worried that since this bike originally came with a 2hp engine that this modded 6.5 could bee too much power and damage the frame...am I crazy or should I be weary? Just want some opinions

DaveL12

The entire bike is in what looks to be perfect shApe, welds look perfect I just don't want to risk wrecking it whatsoever. I'd rather find a correct engine and use the 212 on a different bike if there is any doubt At all.

The turbine wheels on my Rascal are badly pitted too.I bead blasted them,and painted them with Hammerite paint.If you didn't know what is really correct you wouldn't know the difference.