Rupp throttle cable hook up?

My rupp roadster has no cable or governor linkages and I am trying to figure out how it hooks up...It looks like the cable goes down to the little arm below but it seems like the cable would be on quite a severe angle unless the arm was pulled up pretty close to where the cable casing is attached to the engine....When I pull the arm up close so that it is more inline with the cable it has pretty extreme spring pressure ...The spring appears to be hooked up properly?

It's perfect.. :thumbsup:

I'd start with your cable adjuster screwed in-out about 1/2 way to leave your self some adjustment..

Cable goes through everything like ya said.. Then theres a little barrel thing that clamps the cable, so you pull the cable, it pulls up on that arm...

THEN that arm, at the bottom, should have a long thin spring that goes over to the main governor arm...

Then there is a rod from the top of the main governor arm, to the carb plate...

You pull the cable... Cable turns the arm, arm pulls the spring, pulls the governor arm, governor arm pushes the throttle open..

Get going fast, governor arm pulls the throttle back shut some...

You and the main governor arm in an arm wrestling match for control of the top end speed of the engine, VIA the long thin spring in the middle

The SUPER POWERFUL spring is pulling your throttle back to idle when you let off the gas..