ruppster revamp

james c

widening the rear end by 4-1/2 inches as i had to widen the front end by 3 inches for the stock tires after the roll bar installation

james c

found this motor: xenoah 250cc chaparral paid 32.50 for it, its new and never used, anyone know anything about them? did i overpay?

That should power your Ruppster very well. I bought a complete 230 motor for a Ruppster with exhaust, clutch, and starter for 75 on ebay. I also bought a NOS Ruppster body for 125 waiting for time to assemble mine once my Go Joe is done the Ruppster is next

james c

man, i think i solved the problem on the original engine, had the vacuum hooked to the fuel return line, thinking it was the pulse fuel pump line. it has an internal pulse through the manifold, explains why it ran good for just a few minutes and developed the flooding problem. i hope thats what it was as i have to reinstall the engine and see:doah:

james c

so far its not it, actually it wont run at all like that, now i lost spark so its comming out unless its just the coil. still need to change the carb and test with another one before i completely ditch the original engine. but im really close to going with the xenoah engine.