Ruttman Trike

jeep4me

Would love to own this....

1971 RUTTMAN MINI BIKE TRIKE

......"Taking reasonable offers on an ultra rare mini bike trike. Needs only paint. 1 of 4 known to exist. Please leave your number with your bid. Thanks for looking ".......

Not sure he realizes this isn't eBay

Mean Dean

It is not a fake. I looked at it last week. it needed some minor love and he did it. I helped him out big time and it is a real hard to find Ruttman. There are only 4 that I know that exist as of now. If I did not have one already and cleaning out the stash this would be mine.

Real deal?

Dean, If this is the real deal was it considered a prototype?

Why is it unpainted? And look so unfinished? The only thing that looks legit are the rims. I say that because of the recessed bearing area.

There is no way the seat is original. Everything had a cushion on it back then.
Do you have any ads from BITD on this thing? What did a finished one look like? If not a prototype.

I wouldn't think that motor with side exhaust and wide heat shield around head is what Ruttman would have used. And wasn't 70 the last year tec used the balloon decal and that shield?

The Ruttman trike pic posted by Steve is the one I have seen in the past.

You hold all the knowledge on Ruttman. If you have time I would love the history regarding this trike.
I believe you when you say not fake! However, your insight would be great to hear.

OK

Well, that explains the motor not looking correct. Thanks for posting pics.

Hope now that it's running he can double his money.

I would love to have those rims and make a crazy big wheel Ruttman build.

Dean, do you have any additional history to share on this model?

Mean Dean

Dean, If this is the real deal was it considered a prototype?

Why is it unpainted? And look so unfinished? The only thing that looks legit are the rims. I say that because of the recessed bearing area.

There is no way the seat is original. Everything had a cushion on it back then.
Do you have any ads from BITD on this thing? What did a finished one look like? If not a prototype.

I wouldn't think that motor with side exhaust and wide heat shield around head is what Ruttman would have used. And wasn't 70 the last year tec used the balloon decal and that shield?

The Ruttman trike pic posted by Steve is the one I have seen in the past.

You hold all the knowledge on Ruttman. If you have time I would love the history regarding this trike.
I believe you when you say not fake! However, your insight would be great to hear.
Ok, It is the real deal and thanks Juan for the pic that is what it looked like when he bought it. The owner is anal about making any bike right. He does a good job. Ruttman only made a handful of these for about 2-three years. They were $239.99 new with a 3 H.P. Tecumseh. Add $10. for each more h.p.They were a lot of money. The problem was there was no real good place to ride it plus bulky to put in the car. This one was a late 71' or early 72' It is Gucky Orange. The owner stripped the frame straightened it out and made it more complete. They had plastic seats not cushioned like the go carts. Like I said If I didn't have one I would have it.