Ruttman washer

shoot wish i could ship it might help on the sale.
It sure would. So many folks don't ship. I don't know why, except it is a pain in the ass. Here's my two cents worth:

Find some free boxes in the trash bin at any big box store, stop by Staples, etc. for some plastic wrap and clear tape, a bunch of old news papers, and a Fed Ex shipping drop off is less than 9 miles away. (Lexington) You can ship that frame cross-country for around $70. Add another $40 or so for the engine.

It sure would. So many folks don't ship. I don't know why, except it is a pain in the ass. Here's my two cents worth:

Find some free boxes in the trash bin at any big box store, stop by Staples, etc. for some plastic wrap and clear tape, a bunch of old news papers, and a Fed Ex shipping drop off is less than 9 miles away. (Lexington) You can ship that frame cross-country for around $70. Add another $40 or so for the engine.
Agreed , it's truly not a big deal at all , about an hour of time to help fellow mini bike lovers seems like the only thing to do , I know here in South Louisiana vintage bikes don't exist and we have no choice but to have them shipped ! Good luck with your sell , nice mini !!

Gatecrasher

When you offer shipping you expand the field of prospective buyers significantly.

It's worth the minor effort to ship. I bought my last Ruttman that way and if the seller hadn't offered shipping it would have been "no sale" (at least to me). I'm pretty-sure he got more from me than he could have from someone local.

Really

I notice as some people get older our health issues limit us and don't allow us to ship. Yes, if it's the right bike you can get much more if you are willing to ship. However, I have never shipped a motor for 40.00 or any complete mini for 110.00 dollars.

I guess I'm lucky in the sense I can still find them cheap enough in my area that when I resell still make a little money. I recently found a nice one but where do you put them all? without a barn or huge garage they sit outside and rust.

If I had the room I would keep everyone I find and not sell a single one. You regret selling down the road. In some point in your life.

Robertt8883

Just offer USHIP the buyer does all the work and pays for the shipping himself leaves the seller out of it.Just offer it no sweat off your back and the bike will sell a lot sooner.Everyone uses you ship or if you in the MidWest and want something shipped West of the Mississippi contact Don Weaver very reputable 918-(721)-4326 i have used him several times