Sand blast powdercoat and paint DB30

What's the going rate for the two?

Have read several post here about repainting frames and the conclusion seems sandblast and repowerdercoat best.

Anyone have both options done recently?

Well the undercoat is there so give some paint a try, maybe the the brands that are for plastic might stick and flex better too.

After a year if it doesn't work out then have it re powder coated. You'd only be out $10-15 in two cans.

Well the undercoat is there so give some paint a try, maybe the the brands that are for plastic might stick and flex better too.

After a year if it doesn't work out then have it re powder coated. You'd only be out $10-15 in two cans.

I might just try that. The existing finish is factory smooth. Maybe pressure wash with a degreaser clean it up with some steel wool then go from there.

It's red right now. If it gets done it will be in the next week or so. Now what not to use over a powder coat finish.
Thanks GTO

i'm going to be painting my DB within a few weeks (i hate the stock colors on them). i'm just planning on scuffing it and spraying it. my frames always end up getting chipped so i'm not going to try to make it that nice. i'll let you guys know how my half-assed attempt goes.

being pretty doesn't make it any faster either. :eek:ut:

I'm not sure a wash will get all the grease off. Acetone will eat it if it sits, (solvents like that are in spray cans too) but I have given P-coat a quick light wipe with it to prep, it will slightly dull. do a test area, fog the first coat of paint and try the forks first.

I figure Fusion and copy cats might stick better because they are for plastics and P-coat is similar. They come in all colors and can be found on sale sometimes.

Post it up when your done. I need to do mine too and that's how I was going to do it. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure a wash will get all the grease off. Acetone will eat it if it sits, (solvents like that are in spray cans too) but I have given P-coat a quick light wipe with it to prep, it will slightly dull. do a test area, fog the first coat of paint and try the forks first.

I figure Fusion and copy cats might stick better because they are for plastics and P-coat is similar. They come in all colors and can be found on sale sometimes.

Post it up when your done. I need to do mine too and that's how I was going to do it. :thumbsup:
I just missed your post. You know if after doing this - for me at least 3-4 hrs prep probably more- and this project turn out mediocre it would not be good.

You know what GTO, this one's going on the down the road to do list. But when it happens will have some pics and materials list if interested.

Maybe Try Scuffing Up The Stuff Your Painting And Then Put A Coat Of Primer And Then Put Coats Of Spray Can Paint. Use This Method For A Hunting Boat And Bikes