Saved one

I saved this from the dump this week.

Chum of mine found it in the back of his fathers shack at their camp.

Best guess is it had been sitting in the oil shed since the 80s ( gasoline smell like 1980 )

Its a 2R77C from the Peterborough plant.

It needs a good cleaning but it fired right up on a dry carb with a snoot full of gas from the mower down the plug hole.

Two more coming.
One sounds like a CD from the 50s ( I always liked the 5 1/2 ) the other is a mystery silver coloured thing that does not use an OMC fuel tank.
I'm thinking its a Chrysler as discribed...

buckeye

New mini bike build.:laugh: Land/sea mobile.:thumbsup:

I miss those old engines.
When growing up we use to go to Meeeechigan for summer vacation. We'd stay for two weeks and fish every day and as much night as we could.
Dad had a old green Evinrude 5hp if I remember right.
Man that thing would chug down to low, low idle for trolling for Pike.
And, could get you where you wanted to go quickly. Or it seemed a lot faster as a 10 year old.
I will eventually have a old engine and boat. Our subdivision has our own private launch and dock on Fish River. Well, Turkey Branch.
If I had a boat could be hitched up,launched, and fishing in 10-15 minutes.
Great little engines.:thumbsup:

New mini bike build.:laugh: Land/sea mobile.:thumbsup:

I miss those old engines.
When growing up we use to go to Meeeechigan for summer vacation. We'd stay for two weeks and fish every day and as much night as we could.
Dad had a old green Evinrude 5hp if I remember right.
Man that thing would chug down to low, low idle for trolling for Pike.
And, could get you where you wanted to go quickly. Or it seemed a lot faster as a 10 year old.
I will eventually have a old engine and boat. Our subdivision has our own private launch and dock on Fish River. Well, Turkey Branch.
If I had a boat could be hitched up,launched, and fishing in 10-15 minutes.
Great little engines.:thumbsup:
I had a plan some years back.
Look for an Old AMC rambler waggon, a Mcculloch hull and outboard and some antique fishing gear clothes and a tent .
Then I could go fishing in the 60s ever now and then ( I had a box of antique fishing stuff as old as the 30s ).
But things happend and that never panned out.
( I would have looked dapper dressed up like those days towing my boat to the lake )

Wouldn't it be nice if you could go back for a week end of fishing

BTW I have the Mac hull....

Sounds like your pop had a CD too Buck.
Those were good idlers because they were big looper engines ( pistons with a deflector type combsution chamber before the days fo tunedf exhaust ).
But when the center main bearing got loose they became tempermental.....
back int he 80s there were lots of late modle CDs with this issue.
I doscovered the cranks an rotating assembly from a newer OMC engine was a drop in this block.
The CD had a very stout block....
With the ( 6hp or 7.5 ??? forget now ) improved pistons and some real tinkering the sleepy little put put 5.5 CD could humiliate newer high power engines of equal displacement.
But it would never go put put and troll again.

Last edited: