Sears?

I believe it is a Sears.. but I can’t find a pic of one with a Briggs motor.... is it a Roper, Puncher,Drover, Would it be as early as the motor shroud seems to be... The Shroud is black and everything else is white ... so could be wrong shroud... not sure

I believe it is a Sears.. but I can’t find a pic of one with a Briggs motor.... is it a Roper, Puncher,Drover, Would it be as early as the motor shroud seems to be... The Shroud is black and everything else is white ... so could be wrong shroud... not sure
It's a Sears Roper SR-5. They didn't come with a Briggs engine. They came with Tecumseh engines.

searsropersr5.jpg

Attachments

I see the comparison.. But on this Mini. The jack shaft is on front of rear down bar... on Sr5 it is behind it... ... looks to be original not modified. Also single sprocket on jack shaft...

I see the comparison.. But on this Mini. The jack shaft is on front of rear down bar... on Sr5 it is behind it... ... looks to be original not modified. Also single sprocket on jack shaft...
The SR-5 is on the black and white ad. I just posted the other ad for a color comparison. That bike pictured in the second ad isn't how it was produced, They were made like yours
It's a Sears Roper. Should have a Tecumseh

Nice bike, all the Ropers I have owned and seen have one single 12" long 5/8th bolt holding the engine plate to the frame, your looks like it was modified, has two bolts there and little plate, would love to see photo underneath the engine plate

Not seeing where it looks to be modified....
Really nice bike, just never saw the brown plate with the two bolts in it ( the one bolt holding the engine plate underneath) Doesn't look like frame modified at all, but can't tell from photos the the little plate with two bolts does. ( Photo not mine, taken from the internet).

Attachments

So when I got home today... took a good look at the mini..... Those two bolts... that is how you lengthen the frame... depending on which motor you want to run.... remote tank or forward motor mounted tank... if you look at how far forward the engine plate is.... is set up for remote tank motor or the Briggs that is in it... not saying it came with this motor.... the Upper frame is not welded to the engine plate area at all....... the lower half can be lengthen 5” just by loosening the bolt... and sliding lower frame back.. then retighten bolt... looks to be factory......

Attachments

Definitely looks to be a lot like the SR5 frame.. not a remote tank frame... no place to bolt tank to... if this Bike Was repainted it was takin down to bare metal then sprayed... everything looks to be very well done.. or original?...... no front plate on top of forks

Ok, now I'm really perplexed.

I've been wondering what is up with the shocks slanting like they do...as if the swingarm was shortened or something.

Are you saying the whole swingarm, and the rear half of the motor plate, slide forward depending on intended use ?

Just my 2 cents but I'll say that brackets was added. Someone actually thought and designed a way to change the length before cutting and hacking a vintage mini. If the engine is dated '61, it isn't original to this bike. Sears bikes didn't have Briggs at all yo my research over the years. Most bikes that had factory Briggs power stopped using them around 1968 and this would have been built after that. Cool find and nothing that can't be undone or needs to be currently.