Seat options

Hey all,

I'm on to my second mini bike project and have a question about seats. My other machine is a DB30 and the stock seat is fine. I just picked up one of those coleman ct200u mini bikes and the stocker seat is a little on the hard side. So my question is do I open the stock one up and change the foam out? Or is there a nice replacement I can just buy and slap on there? I haven't pulled the stock seat off so I have no idea how the mounting is..... and that leads up to my last question, I saw a few seats on ebay.... is the bottom of the seats people sell universal as far as mounting goes? Can you adjust most of these aftermarket seats easily?

Thanks

Hi..lowbrowcustoms.com has under seat springs 2" or 3" you just bolt them on original seat and use nut and bolt for bottom mount..I've got some on order..I'm going to put a door hinge on front mount and use springs on back..those aftermarket seats ones unless they for a ct200u will mount different

Last edited:
I bought a seat off eBay, it's pretty small, 10" long, 7" across the back and 5 1/2 inches across the front. The padding is 2" thick on the front and 3" at the back. It's well made, looks good and all, but too small for an adult, too small for most minibikes. The foam is pretty much a generic type, you get the squish, but after about a minute it's feels really hard because it's bottomed out.

On my current project I am building up the seat the way I like it.

So, I think it's look around and see what you can get.

- Bee