Sensation Mini/Additional Information

Hello @Lucky106 ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

You have a Sensation Mike Bike, model mb-6a.

Probably early seventies.

Would have had a Briggs and Stratton motor originally.

But the headlight kit, and package rack are original options.

Nice find !

Where are you located, and would you be interested in selling ?

Actually not mine. It was brought into my harley mechanic as a project to get it running. Was just digging for information to provide to the owner. To the best of my knowledge he is wanting to get it running to let his grandkids have a fun toy.

Actually not mine. It was brought into my harley mechanic as a project to get it running. Was just digging for information to provide to the owner. To the best of my knowledge he is wanting to get it running to let his grandkids have a fun toy.
Great !

They'll have a blast.

Please let the owner know that you have someone interested if the grandkids get tired of it.

Thanks @Lucky106

Last edited:
With a 1970 dated Tecumseh, I'm thinking that is original to the bike. There was some correlation between Sensation and Fimco. I'm wondering if this is the changeover point?

markus

That is a an early 1969 Lighted HS40/4hp engine, Not sure why the battery box is there, looks like the wires go up and under the seat though. It will have a head that is the same size as the smaller H25-35 and will require a special head gasket, If you don't go by the parts lists to order service parts that is something you need to watch for and get right as Most surviving HS40's have Mid/late '69-up revised Head and block with larger bolt pattern. It also very important to properly remove the and reinstall the flywheel on those which will most certainly be needed to service the points. Lighted engines are a little trickier to work with and get the cup seated correctly.

The "Model" number on the the tag on the front of the engine is what you use to find parts explosions online HS40 55XXX use that at whatever small engine parts supplier you like to pull up the parts explosions and go from there for parts. carb has been replaced, If it is an aftermarket they don't really offer rebuild kits for them, They are Use till they fail and toss. If its OEM replacement you can rebuild.

The battery box is part of the original Mike Bike optional light kit.

It's pictured in the spec sheet.

Screenshot_20231108_170108_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
That is a an early 1969 Lighted HS40/4hp engine, Not sure why the battery box is there, looks like the wires go up and under the seat though. It will have a head that is the same size as the smaller H25-35 and will require a special head gasket, If you don't go by the parts lists to order service parts that is something you need to watch for and get right as Most surviving HS40's have Mid/late '69-up revised Head and block with larger bolt pattern. It also very important to properly remove the and reinstall the flywheel on those which will most certainly be needed to service the points. Lighted engines are a little trickier to work with and get the cup seated correctly.

The "Model" number on the the tag on the front of the engine is what you use to find parts explosions online HS40 55XXX use that at whatever small engine parts supplier you like to pull up the parts explosions and go from there for parts. carb has been replaced, If it is an aftermarket they don't really offer rebuild kits for them, They are Use till they fail and toss. If its OEM replacement you can rebuild.
I was ready to say WTH on the 69 date code and went back and looked at the serial picture. Sheesh I'm going blind...o_O