servo on throttle linkage?

hey yall, wondering if anyone has tried to put a servo on there throttle linkage. i really want to try it, i would probably try and find some kind of button that with more pressure will put more electricity to the servo to make it go faster.

Any ideas?
thanks

DZLBIKE

Kinda like "Die by wire"!
If you do this make danged sure the fail mode results in a closed throttle. Good idea though.:thumbsup:

Motra

Inverter generators use electronically controlled throttles. You can get carburetors with the electronic motors already on them.

KB2ROCKET

Im all for experimenting with stuff but i just hate any controls by wire simple is always better IMHO whats next computer controled fuel injection and antilock brakes ???
In my opinion anything by wire should be left to unmaned vehicals or applications where what you are trying to control is so far from the operator its not practical to use a mechanical connection or where to much force is needed for a mear human to be able to supply such force
But minibikes are toys and if yer havin fun thats all that matters !! Keep us posted on how you do this
You could always further complicate this by adding radio frequencys and making your throttle using an r/c radio and a speed controler and servo
Have fun

DZLBIKE

Steve Durham has a little go-kart that he lets his wee people drive. He has a R/C control rigged up to kill the kart if the kiddos get too out of control. Great idea! He can sit at a distance and keep them safe! :wink:

thanks guys, good advice. I actually fly model airplanes so yes i already have the servo and everything to hook it up with. only problem is if the battery runs out while riding it, it will stick the servo :shrug: = tons of panic before i realize there is a kill switch. you guys know how it goes:laugh:

why go through all the hassle to make things more complicated and not anywhere near as reliable as a basic cable and twist grip?
I'm all for doing what others havent done yet, but some things are just not worthy for the efforts involved and end result.
as well as, having more stuff to hide or try to hide and batteries, wires etc etc when its so simplified and easy and clean and safer as is.
anyways, that being said, good luck and post up progress.

What you could end up iwth is what we in the trade call a fail deadly systems.

Since you can't predict how it will break or malfunction you must assume the very worst.

THat does nt mean its no good, but you need to design something around it to make it fail safe....