shifter in doodlbug?

I have seen a thread about it before. I dont know if it was on this site or diygokarts. Someone had put of of those lifan 4speed engines in a doodlebug. It may have been a honda engine or something but either way it has gears. I want to do this to a doodlebug but wanted to see how these engines are mounted. Basically, does anyone have pictures of this setup or the one that is in a thread somewhere?

mybiz

I've thought abought doing the same but as far as i got was setting the motor in the frame and it just didnt look right but it go's with the DB Set this same motor in my heatherkit and there was plenty of room to ad 2 more I have a db30 now i just might mount a 50cc in it:thumbsup:

Strigoi, I know that this is not a bolt on part. Can easily fabricate my own mounts. Mybiz, why would you put a 50cc in a doodlbug? It comes with a 98cc and that isnt enough. So why a 50cc. I think the motor in the frame looks just fine. However, the drive sprocket is a 421 # i believe. That means a new chain and driven sprocket would be needed ontop of custom mounts.

mybiz

re:quoting

Strigoi, I know that this is not a bolt on part. Can easily fabricate my own mounts. Mybiz, why would you put a 50cc in a doodlbug? It comes with a 98cc and that isnt enough. So why a 50cc. I think the motor in the frame looks just fine. However, the drive sprocket is a 421 # i believe. That means a new chain and driven sprocket would be needed ontop of custom mounts.
Strigoi told you this "you need to be able to weld and fabricate your own mounts to do a setup like this."

Now as far as the stock db 98cc:thumbdown::thumbdown: Tell pull a 50lb to 90lb person around i think but when you slap a 50cc 4stroke dirt bike motor on there is a world of difference:doah: And doing so is cheap and easy I was buying the baja 49cc dirt bikes off of CL for around $100.00 And your 98cc db motor has a clutch one speed!! Not 4 speed like your lifan motor id rather ride up to the top of a hill than have to get off and push So why push when you could downshift and be on top of the hill:confused::scooter::scooter::scooter:

i don't really have anything showing how it mounts. he's also running a smaller rear sprocket now since 1st was useless before. it's better now but it's still hard to keep the front wheel down. it throttles me up no problem when i'm leaning forward and i'm 255lbs.