Shill bidding at its best

pomfish

Ever wonder what a shill bid looks like?
Wonder no more.
Look at this auction and then look at the bids so far.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Bids:
eBay.com Item Bid History

Notice that the bidder with 1328 feedback rating puts his bid in on Jan 5th.
No mr shill with a whopping feedback of 3 then proceeds to raise that unseen bid by $10 increments, then to $20 over and over again until he reaches mr 1328's orig bid.
Then he bails out, his job is done and all the while Epay sits back and says "I see Nothing!"

This is why you never, ever put a bid in till the last 5 seconds of any auction on Escam.
And avoid bidding on auctions with this pattern of bids.

Is is a Beautiful bike, I just hate this blatant manipulation of the bid process.

If it's a member's auction on this list, oh well.
I would hope not.
Call em as I see em.

Later,
Keith

Neck

Growing up is optional
Somewhere here, that bike was on the bay before and went for over a grand, and now it's back up. Same seller? What happened to buyer of the previous auction?

toomanytoys

That's why I try to steer clear of eBay unless it's buy it now. Everyone knows it goes on. eBay doesn't care they get their money seller sells the item

dang. your right though. I always wait for the last 15 seconds even if theres no other bidders. Did anyone see the fox campus frame that went for like 250$ is that crazy or is that the going rate?