Show Off Your Trike!!!

i had seen a few pictures and ads on the alsport tri-sport trikes posted by OldMiniBikes memders.

anyone else own a alsport or sperry rand trike.
from what i have read ,... j.c. penney`s and montgomery ward`s among others, sold trikes in the 70`s.

soooo...
if you have some pictures and could post them,..i`d sure enjoy seeing some variations.

thanks. ...:thumbsup:

Here you go. Found this little bugger in my local paper...$100 and it ran. I've seen 800's (mine's called an Explorer 500) but never another like this one. The rear tires are 22" tall and it tops out at like 45MPH with the Tec 6.5 on it.

Jeep2003 : The black one started out life as a Tri-Sport TS series but all the changes like the weird big wheels in the rear and the tractor seat make it one off for sure. Steve:scooter:

Mac

i had seen a few pictures and ads on the alsport tri-sport trikes posted by OldMiniBikes memders.

anyone else own a alsport or sperry rand trike.
from what i have read ,... j.c. penney`s and montgomery ward`s among others, sold trikes in the 70`s.
QUOTE]

........I had five of the two cylinder engine powered Alsports at one time.
Now I have two Dunecycle frames, one TriCat frame, and a complete Sperry Rand Tricart.

She's gone but....

Here's the one I re-did, got it with 2 bald tires on the rear and no motor, I bought it in a lot, (with some other stuff), figured I paid about $25.00 for it, sold it just like 2 weeks ago, got $800.00 for it, I think I did ok as far as profit goes, but I miss it in my collection!!!lol
dave

Mac

Mac: Have you ever seen the Dunecycle that had a 8 HP Wankel engine ??
What Dunecycle frames do you have ? Steve :scooter:
..........Seem to remember hearing about a Wankel.

..........I have a simple no suspension(5hp) frame, and one with only the leading link front suspension with an 8hp Tecumseh I might yank for a newer OHV 6.5hp, if I can't sell it first at a local Swapmeet. Years ago I had the Mac 101 model Dunecycle, but didn't get it running before I sold it for the same $200.00 I paid for it(Took up too much room in my garage).

I have a Dunecycle with the 5hp Briggs on it. It was a dull silver with a yellow fiberglass seat when I got it. Now, blue & yellow theme with flames on the fender. We ride it in several parades each year. I also have my custom One-off chopper trike that I built from scratch with a Briggs 6.5hp OHV on it.People really like that one at the local bike shows. Look in my photo album.:hack::grind::hammer:

One thing about the dune cycle trikes they were fast because they were light weight machines. But you just don't see many of them around any more compared to the Tri-Sports that just keep popping up well used but still ready for a new engine and more fun. The Dunecycle Spider with the Mac engine and the Kohler 290 and 340 engines are the hard ones to find.
Steve:scooter:

great pictures guys.
those trikes look nice. :thumbsup:

i like the full suspension trikes such as the larger tri-sport.
has anyone seen these tri-sports for sale recently in good condition,.. and could tell me the asking or selling price?
any information would be helpful.

i see where a couple of OldMiniBikes members picked up trikes at what appear to be bargain prices. ..sweet deals.

thanks. ..

I check E-bay for Tri-Sports and Rupp Centaurs every day not that I want more trikes but just to keep up with the ones that pop up. My Rupp Centaur trike project is on hold and it hangs from the rafters in one of my garages along with a 1974 Indian SE74 mini cycle. Some if the mini bike projects will be high up to give me some more dangerous floor space LOL
Steve :scooter:

Last of 4!

Here is my last trike, it's been sitting, in the back yard, under a rubber tarp, with some rideing lawnmowers, I plan on re-doing this one soon as I'm done with my 9 bike 1 trike build, thought I'd show off my last trike, while the thread was still going, I don't antisapate it being done anytime soon tho, I'm finishing my 2nd pink bike now, then I have 7 to go, I've been getting calls on that other pink bike, people just trying to get a lower price, I'll keep the price where it is, THANK-YOU!, I don't really "have to" sell it, I'd like to, to re-coup my money so I can put it into the others, but I'm not going to lower the price to sell it, no way.
dave

Last edited:
This one pictured is mine.(yellow on Craigslist)...since I posted it, I slapped on a carb and it fired right up. May not sell this one...depends if the Fox mini bikes all get sold. This Tryke is pretty cool.

hey steve.
i checked out your photo section.
impressive,...you`ve had some really nice trikes.
glad i looked at the pics, very cool indeed !!!

Hi Rimfire: Thank you I guess trikes are my bag for the rest of this life. I am building a street trike with a High Performance 1776 cc V W engine and a full automatic trans . It will look like a pick up and will have a covered top. If I ever get back to building it .
Steve