Show Us Your GPS

One aspect of minibiking which has captured my interest is the mobile GPS Speedometer app on my iPhone. It has brought new life to my rides. And not just top speed. These things measure everything: average speed, distance, duration, altitude, direction, it's fun! I popped a butt.99 for the full version which incorporates maps so you can make a track, and colorize and measure each of the values along the way. Then post it, email it, print it. I Velcro my phone to the gas tank, but it also works in your pocket. It even has a Heads Up Display feature you can stick it on your dashboard and it projects the readout on your windshield. That's messed up!

So you know how we always say 'pics or it didn't happen'? Now if you break the sound barrier on your minibike it's, 'GPS or it didn't happen'. Just did a cross country minibike ride? Show us the GPS! Climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro on yer Super Bronc? GPS baby! Don't want to hear they ain't accurate, there's no money on this. It's just for fun, like minibikes. Minibikes n GPS. Yeah! Free app. Enter as often as you like. Show us your GPS.:thumbsup:

Here's my latest one: (my top button is broke, so I can't take a screen shot)

Here's mbdutch's :eek:ut: top speed: mb is that a drag speed or on your circle track?

Here is Jason B's with a stock Predator: Nice avg. speed, good long ride:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I keep hearing I checked my speed with an app. Like the gps apps suck. But I have put mine on heads up and laid it on the dash of my vette so the phone heads up display is near the cars heads up display. They both read identical. Then tomtom also verifies my speed. Only thing I can say that is the gps is delayed slightly on the app compared to the tomtom.

Can you post the app name? I'm interested in one but never researched them. Would like to know my mileage it is to work and back plus speed.

Can you post the app name? I'm interested in one but never researched them. Would like to know my mileage it is to work and back plus speed.
It's called Speedometer in the App Store. Start with the free version, but the $1.99 full version is worth it just for the goofy Heads Up Display:thumbsup: