Show Your scrapyard finds

I've threatened this before and never have.. First pic was a score of like two days and 60 bucks...

Second was todays score, traded weight for weight.. The Clinton 2 stroke generator started ran and works sweet... O&R chainsaw, briggs L parts, Tecumseh adjustable carbs.. Tilly carb, old trap... :shrug:

So lets see boys... What did you find today at the junkyard, garbage pile on the side of the road? In a swamp????

Isn't it :eek:ut: what people will junk? Whats this Clinton generator worth? More than the $4.70 they sold it for?

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

You got all that stuff in the first picture for 60 bucks?!?! Does the mini-moto lookin' bike run?
60 bucks..... I played with the ignition switch for an hour or so and drove the bike to Duck lake...... where a buddy bought it for 25 bucks beer money.... :lol:

G Bones...

Yes, the tank is here and for sale.... 60's Rupp Snowmobile..

jeep4me

I stop by my local scrap yard everyday on the way home from work. Somedays I don't find anything, some days I hit gold. I cant tell you how many things I've had to pass up because I didn't have any $$ on me. Riding lawn mowers, log splitters, 2-stage rototillers, chain saws, generators you name it I've probably gotten it from the yard. I even picked up a wheel barrow full of tool and die tools (mills, drill bits, micrometers, taps, dies, etc.) and I sold it all to an Amish guy for $500.

Here's just a few of my latest finds.....nothing pictured cost me more than $10.60.

jeep4me

That Robin Wisconsin Fuji engine on that blue air compressor, those are durable as hell. Id pull that off and put it on something :scooter:
I paid $5.30 for that compressor. It was a dirty mess but only needed a new pull rope and the carb cleaned. I sold it in 30 minutes on CL for my asking price.

i gotta start going to olivet more! damn people there throw out some good :censure:
Go to any junkyard... Find the closest one to you and watch it like a hawk... People are dumb all over the world.. A guy working down there bought a Toro zero turn with like BRAND new Onan 24 horse on it... I saw it and said :drool: Wonder whats the deal.. :hammer: hauled a battery to the tractor, hooked it up, took off mowing.. :shrug:

gbones

i went to a scrap yard today (i took down my grandmothers pool) a saw a few engines there, i saw a nice 5hp tec with elctric start. so i ask the guy if i can buy them from him, he gives me a shitty look and shakes his head no. :censure:frigging jerk ill try there again some day, maybe ill have better luck

Yeah you should find the head honcho running the joint... Some of the big places don't like selling stuff for liability or who knows why... But I don't deal with those places..

Nognanovich...

Yeah I'm actually selling all the stuff off... I'm working on getting motors running for other people right now... I'm getting pretty low older motor parts, but if ya want one of the newer racer carb style 1990's engines I probably can make a couple more runners out of that stuff...

jeep4me

I try to keep my scrap yards a secret. I told a few of my friends about them when I first started going and now they go too. They've pulled some pretty nice things out as well. Even though, we trade our stuff to each other so I guess it works out good for all of us in the end.

I try to keep my scrap yards a secret. I told a few of my friends about them when I first started going and now they go too. They've pulled some pretty nice things out as well. Even though, we trade our stuff to each other so I guess it works out good for all of us in the end.
Hey Jeep, I'm Your Friend, can Ya tell Me? :shrug: No, I'm just Kiddin. :thumbsup: :smile: